SHERMAN MEGA LINE

Who was it that said it wasn't possible to reach 3,050fps with that bullet? And yet you recorded velocity at 3,094fps with no excess pressure indications. Even had a good velocity node at that 'unattainable' 3,050fps.

You've cleared the deck of those possessed with the superior knowledge. No big surprise. Who has the greater experience with your cartridges, than you? Ryan?

Maybe Ryan will return for round 2, and revise his forecast. "But you'll never see 3,150fps!" Will be good for another laugh...
It will be running at least 80,000 PSI though🙂

It will be running at least 80,000 PSI though🙂
Lower L was 2972' and upper R was 3094'
9 shots at .3 gr increments
Disregard the 82 N570, that was my 30 SM
IMG_20210607_160017190_HDR.jpg

Lower L was 2972' and upper R was 3094'
9 shots at .3 gr increments
Disregard the 82 N570, that was my 30 SMView attachment 278593
Awesome results. Thanks for posting on the thread again.

I'm surprised to see you using 300wsm Brass. What steps are involved in forming the Mega, from the WSM brass? Any possibility of firing a 300wsm factory round in the Mega chamber, similar to an AI?

Well, we'll see. Maybe you'll be right😁
But if a wsm holds 83, then the mega will hold 86!
I dont think accuracy node was in my post? I'm guessing those numbers will be max load. At any rate, it will out the wsm by a fair amount I'm betting.
Interested to see the data as you explore this - 3 grains or about 3.7% more powder than a wsm. WSM runs near 3k. Not sure I would change a current rifle in a great caliber for the 50 fps knowing I would have to buy all new reamers, brass, and cases which could run into a bit of cash.
Different story if I dont have a short or medium action 30 cal. if I intended to build a new rifle, might be just the ticket. Data tells the story. Hurry up and post full testing data and results!

Awesome results. Thanks for posting on the thread again.

I'm surprised to see you using 300wsm Brass. What steps are involved in forming the Mega, from the WSM brass? Any possibility of firing a 300wsm factory round in the Mega chamber, similar to an AI?
The wsm is too short a case but I used it just to have some ADG brass to test. The necks end up about .070" short!

The wsm is too short a case but I used it just to have some ADG brass to test. The necks end up about .070" short!
Makes sense, I was wondering how you were keeping the same volume and increasing the length of the neck over the 300wsm...

How has the 300wsm brass been holding up?