SHERMAN MEGA LINE

elkaholic

Ive been thinking about this for a while now and decided to " pull the trigger" so to speak. I wanted to design a cartridge which would be hard to beat in 1000 yard bench and also be a hard hitting long range hunting choice. Well, the mid length 300 Mega it is.
With the mid length actions becoming popular And offering performance near the big capacity cases, Ive designed a case that is 2.150", holds 83 grains h20, has a . 342" long neck, and will run 3000-3050' with a 215 Berger on a std . 535" bolt. I should have brass, dies, and reamers by summer and plan on testing a 7 mm version in a couple months. There will also be a 338.
The 7 should push a 195 to 3050-3100 and the 338 a 250 Berger at 3000 at max.

Last edited:
WSM Capacity exactly. The WSM accuracy node will not run 3k period. I love the case but keep it real. 83 grains will NOT reliably push a 215 3k without trashing the best brass available. These types of claims are why some hate the creedmoor. You can not out physics physics.

Love my 7 max too but it will NOT do what some internet ninjas claim.

I love wildcats. I love wildcatting. I love pushing the envelope. I love having fire formed improved brass but we need to be real.

Recent Posts