SHERMAN DIES,BRASS,REAMERS, ETC.

elkaholic

I wanted to update everyone because I have been "missing in action" for a while and don't want to leave anyone hanging.
I have SS, and SST brass available again.
Dies that are in stock are 6.5 thru 338 in the Long action Sherman and the same for the Short action (SS)
I also have SST dies in stock for the 6.5.
Hydro dies are available if ordered, and I am working on getting Bertram Brass, but had a delay with the passing of my father-in law. Reamers for all are available to rent........Rich

At this point it is just a pipe dream but I have to ask, do you have or are you working on anything bigger than the 338 Sherman? Reading all these threads about the Ko2M and so I am just curious. Looks like the 375, 408 and 416 are "popular" for said ranges. Would I like to build a rifle for such a task, definitely. Will I ever actually build a rifle for such a task, I don't know.

If there is another Sherman thread this would be more appropriate in please feel free to move it.

At this point it is just a pipe dream but I have to ask, do you have or are you working on anything bigger than the 338 Sherman? Reading all these threads about the Ko2M and so I am just curious. Looks like the 375, 408 and 416 are "popular" for said ranges. Would I like to build a rifle for such a task, definitely. Will I ever actually build a rifle for such a task, I don't know.

If there is another Sherman thread this would be more appropriate in please feel free to move it.
Nothing in the wind right now. I have too many to keep up with at this point! My next big thing will be Bertram brass, if I can make it work, and that will be pretty spendy!

Hey Rich, what's the current cost on a set of .280 Sherman dies, reamer, etc...?
Curious why you are looking at the 280 Sherman? Of all the Shermans that one is so close to a 280ai it seems just a lot easier to go with the 280ai?

Regards, Branden

Curious why you are looking at the 280 Sherman? Of all the Shermans that one is so close to a 280ai it seems just a lot easier to go with the 280ai?

Regards, Branden
Why build a 383 stroker when you could just go buy a crate 350? Why add twin turbos to a brand new Mustang GT?

My point is, 1) because I want to. 2) because I can. And 3) Like Rich said, if you're going to go wildcat, you might as well max out a cartridge's potential. I design wildcats, and years ago, I designed one just like the .280 Sherman, but didn't know the Sherman existed. When I found out the Sherman existed, I scrapped mine, and decided that if I was to build it, I would go with Rich's design out of respect. Plus, Rich already has dies and a reamer for it, and I didn't get that far with mine. So it would save me time and money by going with his Sherman version.

I love Ackleys, I have 3 of them, but I also like the Sherman cartridge design better for the 7mm and .30 caliber versions based on the .270/.280 case.

Are there any gunsmiths that have your 7ss reamer without the need to rent one?

I've beem very interested in some of your SS cartridges. I have a model 7 saum action that is not getting any use and a lightly used lilja 300wm barrel. Really interested in the 300ss since reading about the results with 208-215gr pills. Thinking bout cutting it down n reaming it to 300ss! Previous plans were to make it into a 300 saum but this seems better suited to the short actions. Do you have any info on them in shorter barrels? I also am toying with building a rear grip xp with an approx 18" barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.