SHERMAN CARTRIDGE LOAD DATA

elkaholic

elkaholic

Sherman Wildcat cartridges are experimental and have no saami loading standard. These files were compiled from many different loaders using unique equipment. They were deemed safe in their individual rifles but should be approached with caution by starting 10% lower and working up to your individual safe load preference. By using this data, you are agreeing to be the responsible party in the use thereof.

NEW DATA should be submitted to: Idaho Trecker
**DO NOT just submit to a thread post!!**

Attachments

• Sherman Load Data 22Dec2021.pdf
    310.1 KB · Views: 1,649
Last edited:
O

ormandj

@Idaho Trecker

^^ Adding a clickable reference to the member in question.

Thanks @elkaholic !

That PDF appears to be missing a huge amount of load data from all of the previous threads. Is this an old copy?

I

Idaho Trecker

@ormandj thanks for the heads up on the file. The right file is now attached.

With the newer format there are a couple additional fields so when people PM me data please include all of the fields you see on the current sheet.

Tidesloe

Tidesloe

Are these max pressure loads, or accuracy loads? There is a reason Im asking, but this isnt the thread to start a discussion on it. Im assuming max pressure loads?

codyadams

codyadams

Are these max pressure loads, or accuracy loads? There is a reason Im asking, but this isnt the thread to start a discussion on it. Im assuming max pressure loads?
I know all the data I have submitted are my accuracy loads. One of them happens to be right at max load, but most are under by some margin.

Tidesloe

Tidesloe

For reference, mine are for the 7 max, 20" tube, n565, and .270 Sherman with a 170 EOL and H1000, and 140 SBDII in a 19" barrel.
Thanks! I have some 250 gr bulldozers. Havent even tried them. 9.5 twist on my rifle might not stabilize them.