Shepherd or IOR scope?

Miller

I am relatively new with long range hunting and wanted some help on a scope. Between the IOR 4-14x-50 with MP8 reticle or the Shepherd 6-18x-40. I've used my dads Shepherd before and it seems pretty simple but have heard some negative things about them. Just wanted to see if any of you have some good or bad things to say about either and have a preference. Thanks

The only "beef" I have with the Shepherd scope, is with the quality of glass that they use.

I have an IOR and the quality of glass from this thing is outstanding.

Shepherd's are a tough scope though. Friend has one, and loves it!!..sakofan..FWIW

I have the 3x10 Shepherd and I find it a great scopelfor hunting. The only beef I have with it is that the reticle is cluttered for finer work and very specific when it come to loads. As you probably know the BC, bullet weight, and velocity have to match pretty closely to get them to work as advertized.

welcome to this board as well.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.