Sheep Rifle build - 300 WSM

I've had a couple Accubond's blow up at sub 10 yard ranges. One was a 180grain from a 308win. Which was my planned load for a Grizzly hunt, I quickly changed to solid's and haven't looked back. When I'm sheep hunting I have two bear rounds and the rest are for sheep. Bear round is for stopping a Grizzly and the sheep round is for minimizing wind drift and drop. I don't really care if they have the same impact, I wouldn't likely pull the trigger on a Bear at more then 20-30 yards and more likely sub 10-15 yards.

I've also slowly been converting to the light and fast solid bullet crowd. I have some 152Hammers and 124HH for Spring Bear. May even try the 120AH in my 7saum.
I'd be interested to hear your results.

Shooting a Cz Model 3 in 300 wsm, 24 inch barrel, 10 twist, 180 NAB with Reloader 19. 2807 fps and shoots under an inch. Taken numerous elk and have had good weight retention. Love the accubonds.

Only thing with RL26 is pressure spikes in hot temps. I'm going to work a load up trying RL23 in my 7wsm
I've never ran into that per say. are you saying its temp sensitive?
I was surprised last week I shot the same load that I used in the summer 100 degree weather it was only shooting 20FPS faster than when I shot it at 30 degree weather.

I developed a load in my Creedmoor in about 50 degree outside temps. Summer came around and I couldn't shoot the same load. It was probably a 1-1.5 grain under max with no pressure signs at 50 degrees. At 80 plus I couldn't shoot it. Hard bolt lift and serious primer cratering. I feel if I developed my load in the hotter temps I would've been fine with the exception of MV variance. I'm in Southern Az so very familiar with the hot temps.

I developed a load in my Creedmoor in about 50 degree outside temps. Summer came around and I couldn't shoot the same load. It was probably a 1-1.5 grain under max with no pressure signs at 50 degrees. At 80 plus I couldn't shoot it. Hard bolt lift and serious primer cratering. I feel if I developed my load in the hotter temps I would've been fine with the exception of MV variance. I'm in Southern Az so very familiar with the hot temps.
Interesting as mentioned above I only saw a 20FPS gain from a 70 degree swing in temp.
Also same results when I run it in my creedmoor, and I hotrod it in the creedmoor

Interesting as mentioned above I only saw a 20FPS gain from a 70 degree swing in temp.
Also same results when I run it in my creedmoor, and I hotrod it in the creedmoor
Do a search here and you'll see multiple experiences with pressure spikes. Anyways…. Here nor there….. you can have temp spikes with anything, change to a differ primer and their gone, or differ brass and gone. When you start running loads in big temp swings it's almost inevitable you can have issues. Don't want to derail the thread… moving on.

My wife & kids have taken many large bull moose with their Tikka T3 300 WSM rifles from 14 to 450 yards using the 180 gr Barnes MRX bullets at 3000 fps, bullet no longer made but I'm loading the 175 gr LRX now, one load for moose, sheep and bear, no sense carrying two different loads of ammo up n down the mountains