Sheep/Backpack Hunting Boots - Lathrop and Sons

I know its not what you were asking for, but... I was in therapy for several years and I have had a few knee surgeries. My pt told me to try super feet green insoles, they have been extremely helpful. They are worth a shot if you have not already tried them.

I'm shopping for a new pair of high quality Sheep/Backpacking boots, I've been wearing Kenetrek's for the last few years. I'm getting older and starting to have a few foot issues , plantar fasciitis and bunions, and have been talking to Lathrop and Sons. I ordered a pair of Lowa Hunters from them and they didn't fit quite right. They are wanting me to try their 3D mapping kit to find the right fit for me. I was wondering if anyone on here has used them and if so is it worth the effort/money to go this route to find a good fitting pair of boots?
Kenetreks are the only one's that fit me right. Tried some crispi but my foot would slide even went down a half size still would slide their angle to my ankle locks just don't work like my ken. I've heard good things about that custom shrink boot company but I saw a pair at the store for $670 no thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.