Shawn's How-to Long Range Hunting video - Classroom session

Like I said about the bear snippet, this is just a tasty little tidbit and is representative of the whole DVD.;)

If no one has the DVD yet, watching these should convince them to buy it. It is well worth the price of admission.:)

Great video/DVD Shawn. I'm glad you guys figured out how to get these small clips posted on here.

Thanks guys, I am glad it has been so well received. Video work when I started this project was uncharted territory for me it was alot of work but very interesting and alot of fun. The only comment I get about it is most people want to see more shooting. No problem, when "greatest hits V1" is done at the end of this year I will have about 2 hours of video with 10-12 field practice shots including info on how we doped the shot and 10-12 hunts, that should satisify most everyone. Who am I kidding? Real long range hunting guys never get enough of it. :D gun)

I got Shawn's DVD when it first came out. It is a great tool for furthering the education process. I'm looking forward to the next one. Its a awful fast 2 hours.
Thanks Shawn.

I've read so many of his posts that it's nice to see he's a real person and a great knowledgeable guy( I never expected less). Thx for posting the vid. Wish I had the cash/time to spend a few weeks learning from him.

Just wait until you get to shoot against/with him! He's fun to watch in competition and is a genuinely good guy. I've been very pleased with the rifle he built me and his DVD is top notch. I recommend that video to anyone starting out in hunting or long range competition.

Devin

Shawn, if my edge has a long throat .248 or whatever the edges throat is for long one..gun) how far do i seat the bullet out for the best results?? or are all the reamers cut differently?? if you or anyone can help me with this i would be greatful thanks.... whapaho

It depends on who made the reamer and most manufacturers have several versions. You need to get a oal tool and measure it with your bullet of choice and then start working with it. I find that with the Berger bullets .005"-.010" off the lands is usually pretty good.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.