Shaw ERS-10/308

czerwinski366

I was wondering if anybody out there has bought a Shaw ERS-10 in .308? I have and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with mine. The barrel is still new and the groups are getting tighter. I have only used factory loads. I literally had one seven shot group with Hornady 150 grain whitetail ammo shoot a prefect seven inches high, then then six, then five, and so on in a perfect straight up and down line. It's a brand new VXR Leopold also. Anyone have experience with this gun?

No experience with that particular gun but sounds like something is loose, gas block is touching handguard or maybe bypod with hard feet used on hard surface I've had some horrible stringing using a hard footed bypod directly on a concrete or wooden bench. It could also be the crown of the muzzle got damaged or worst case the barrel is just a lemon.

Yep sounds like something is loose. I know it's new but that doesn't mean much these days. I'd try a few different ammo choices. It won't tighten up that much as it breaks in.
I bought my dad a er Shaw custom 6.6 and it shot great right out of the box. Check everything over again and try different ammo. If it still does it send it back it's a bad one.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.