Sharp Shinned Hawk

3265D607-AB97-4531-A8AF-2C7086B24672.jpeg373B8BC0F-7E43-4055-97C1-64E15A524DE9.jpeg

Don't want to take away from your post, these are some of the BEST pictures of these hawks I ever saw especially living in your back yard. Where are you located? Too bad you couldn't put a video by the nest. You need to keep us posted on the progress of the nest and any hatchlings. They usally have two, but one will kick the other out of the nest to get all the food. I guess it is survival of the fittest. Great pictures. I had a nesting pair of Bald Eagles by my log cabin on Carters Lake in NW GA, 20 years ago. Now living in the country in East GA. Had some other Bald Eagles move in the area since they built the Hard Labor Creek Reservoir behind my house. We also have a pair of Red Tails living on the back property. It is awesome seeing these birds. One day I came out of the house and a huge Red Tail was taking off by our trash can with what I thought was my cat. I freaked out as it flew away with the animal in its claws moving it's legs and tail trying to get away. Later on in the day my kitten came homeso I was relieved. Must have been one of the farm cats from down the road. The male and female work as a pair to get squirrels. You know how when hunting a squirrel they will go to the other side of the tree. Well on Red tail will be on the one side and when the other goes to get em the squirrel goes to the other side and thats when the mate Hawk gets the squirrel.
Right now we have (3) bat houses with one of them a nursry. Last year we had over 300 living in one house alone. When they would start to drop out of the house in the evening it looked like Star Wars fighter ships coming out of the Battle Star. They are back again this year. We never have any misquotes!

Don't want to take away from your post, these are some of the BEST pictures of these hawks I ever saw especially living in your back yard. Where are you located? Too bad you couldn't put a video by the nest. You need to keep us posted on the progress of the nest and any hatchlings. They usally have two, but one will kick the other out of the nest to get all the food. I guess it is survival of the fittest. Great pictures. I had a nesting pair of Bald Eagles by my log cabin on Carters Lake in NW GA, 20 years ago. Now living in the country in East GA. Had some other Bald Eagles move in the area since they built the Hard Labor Creek Reservoir behind my house. We also have a pair of Red Tails living on the back property. It is awesome seeing these birds. One day I came out of the house and a huge Red Tail was taking off by our trash can with what I thought was my cat. I freaked out as it flew away with the animal in its claws moving it's legs and tail trying to get away. Later on in the day my kitten came homeso I was relieved. Must have been one of the farm cats from down the road. The male and female work as a pair to get squirrels. You know how when hunting a squirrel they will go to the other side of the tree. Well on Red tail will be on the one side and when the other goes to get em the squirrel goes to the other side and thats when the mate Hawk gets the squirrel.
Right now we have (3) bat houses with one of them a nursry. Last year we had over 300 living in one house alone. When they would start to drop out of the house in the evening it looked like Star Wars fighter ships coming out of the Battle Star. They are back again this year. We never have any misquotes!
Going to be hard to keep tabs on the nest, way up the tree and being I'm past the tree climbing age it won't happen. We have lot of birds around here in the Livermore valley.

These hawks are very fast and usally feed on smaller birds and small animals like mice, chimkmonks. If they are nesting on your property put out a bird feeded and the Sharp Shinned Hawk will have plenty of prey to eat and feed their young. You feed the birds and the birds feed the hawks!