Share some 7mm WSM & SAUM Load Recipies if you please

300magman

Would anyone be kind enough to share some of thier pet loads for the 7mm SAUM or WSM. I'm particularly interested in bullets from the 160gr accubond up to the 180gr Berger or JLK VLDs.

If you can also include weather or not you load to max COAL or magazine length, the length of your barrel, and the result velocity, that would be amazing for me.

The reason I am asking, is that I have been reading about these cartridges over on "Accurate Shooter's Cartridge Guide" and the recommended top powders for heavy bullets in competition guns do not even appear in any of my reloading manuals. 4831SC, H1000, RL 25 for example are no where in any of my manuals, neither is RL17

One last question > I am not a quickload pro by any means, but I did have a chance to plug in some data with H1000 & RL25 . . . it appears as though quickload indicates these powders are too slow to get decent velocities, unless compressed charges are used.
Does that sound right?? And how compressed could a charge be, 1 extra grain? maybe 2? ...I have never dealt with compressed charges before, so I have no idea what is practical or safe.

GAP 7wsm 65g H1000 CCI-BR2 primers, 180 Berger's, 26 inch barrel. Short action. Alpha Mag. OAL 2.955. I used 63g 4831SC for awhile, but was seeing pressure sighs after three reloads on the cases. H1000 had less pressure. Got 2975fps on both loads. I have reloaded for 5 different 7wsm's shooting the Berger 180 All shoot the H1000 64-66 with great 1000 Yard accuracy.

Here it is in action.
YouTube - ‪Stainlesstumblingmed's Channel‬‏

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.