Shake up at "Best of The West"

I'm breaking my rule of not discussing politics on forums BUT... If Cooper is really supporting Obama, I'd perform un-natural acts with a goat before I'd give them any business.
From what I understand cooper gave the obama fund a big chunk of cash. That is how cooper got canned from cooper firearms.

He did give the Obama campaign several thousand dollars in donations. Cooper did relieve him as the CEO, but he still maintains a large percentage of stock in the company. He will still receive money for every rifle sold. Which he will probably donate to the next Obama campaign. Cooper firearms played it off that the company itself did not donate to the campaign, but if you look at the donations Dan Cooper listed his job title as Cooper Arms/President/CEO. That says a lot about what he was trying to say by donating. Shame on Best of the West for supporting a company that supports limiting our gun rights in any way.

yeah how do you fire an owner??? all they did was change his title, so nothing has changed buy a cooper part of your money is going to obama, regardless if the company itself is giving it.

let me start by saying I know this is an old topic, but I had not seen BOTW in a while.

IMO best of the west has gone way down hill, and Long Range Pursuit is a much better and informative show.

Yeah the show has gone into the toilet. It's so bad now I quit watching. When John Porter disappeared I knew it was over for the show. Too bad I liked it before.

Yeah the show has gone into the toilet. It's so bad now I quit watching. When John Porter disappeared I knew it was over for the show. Too bad I liked it before.

Oh wow Porter is gone? Too bad about that, I liked him. Thought I saw him a few weeks ago on BOTW before I had to downsize my tv pkg due to current Husseinobamunist economics.

Last edited:
Once again it appears major changes are under way at The Best of The West. I just read on Gunwerks website Aaron and Mike Davidson are leaving the show to concentrate on their products lines. It's probably old news since now I realize not having seen them on the show in a few episodes.

It's a nice break from the standard whitetails and turkeys and I never tire of seeing the Wyoming landscape.

Lots of luck and thanks for the informative and entertaining programs.
so as i recall best of the west tv was aaron and mike davidson from 2006-2010?

Once again it appears major changes are under way at The Best of The West. I just read on Gunwerks website Aaron and Mike Davidson are leaving the show to concentrate on their products lines. It's probably old news since now I realize not having seen them on the show in a few episodes.

It's a nice break from the standard whitetails and turkeys and I never tire of seeing the Wyoming landscape.

Lots of luck and thanks for the informative and entertaining programs.
so if i recall 'best of the west tv' was aaron and mike davidson from 2006-2010?