SFP vs FFP for hunting

motrapper

So can you range a animal with let’s say even a 5% variance in known body size to within what margin of error at what distance? And 5% is unrealistic let’s be honest, depending on what direction I drive from my house to elk hunt a mature bulls chest height varies by about 4”.
Out to 500 yds give or Take Yes. This is where I am comfortable. Many can do much better
How in the world did Military Snipers ever make a shot before we all had a rangefinder LOL
Your Funny and have to always be Right, good luck with that.

Last edited:

300whisper

LRH Team Member
Out to 500 yds give or Take Yes. This is where I am comfortable. Many can do much better
How in the world did Military Snipers ever make a shot before we all had a rangefinder LOL
Your Funny and have to always be Right, good luck with that.

So I just recently learned that WW snipers would have a 300 yard zero so they were on target from 100 to 500 yards and not have to hold. They were trained on object size and corresponding the size to distance. Obviously not precise as today but still very cool, and effective. Sorry my random fact for the day.

CoSniper66

I would like to be good at ranging with reticle for times when it is difficult to get a good range call with a laser rangefinder. Pronghorns on a flat Prairie with the sun in your face can be tough. I need to memorize the formula.

Recent Posts