SFP Hunting Scope Recomendations

ak12ring

I am currently shooting a Burris XTRII 5x25x50 and really like it other than how much the crosshairs cover the target at long ranges.

I was thinking about changing to a SFP scope and would like some input on what to look for.

Want 25-30 power at the high end.

What are your guys thoughts?

Sightron IIIs are excellent glass and positive dialing, but no zero stop. I have one on heavy magnum and no problems. My current favorites are the VX-6 3-18x44 (30mm tube) and VX-6 4-24x52 w/ 34mm tube. If your budget will allow--- what HARPERC suggested.

I am currently shooting a Burris XTRII 5x25x50 and really like it other than how much the crosshairs cover the target at long ranges.

I was thinking about changing to a SFP scope and would like some input on what to look for.

Want 25-30 power at the high end.

What are your guys thoughts?

Also there is the 6500 4 1/2-30X50 series at Bushnell. The one I have has better glass than my Swarovski. I have a mill dot so don't dial, except to sight it in. It moves the correct amount every time I switched rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.