setting zero for windage

jorvin

zero for elivation is not a problem but what do you do for windage? do you shoot 50 yard (little wind effect) or do you wait for a dead calm day??? do's and don'ts for a true zero? info please thanks guy's jv

Jorvin...

New guy here, see your not getting to many responces so here is my 2 cents worth.
For me windage is a thing that gets refinded as better condtions happen..Make sure your scope level is dead on.. I use 800 yds or so to get the windage finnal and to prove drop chart as thats about the other side hill here in sw Oregon. Lots of rocks to practice on. Royg

thanks royg i wish i had 800 yards to play with. most i can do is 200. waiting for a perfect day and then being at my range on that day is very hard to do. i was just asking if there was some tricks that i don't know about. thanks again jv

thanks royg i wish i had 800 yards to play with. most i can do is 200. waiting for a perfect day and then being at my range on that day is very hard to do. i was just asking if there was some tricks that i don't know about. thanks again jv

No tricks really, just do the best you can with what ever range you can get.. Thats why i shoot lots of rocks. Easy to find and they are at different ranges and angles , so you won't get stuck with one range practice.
Lots of different things happen past 6 hundred or so, scope mounting angles get important and what your crosshairs do when you crank in a couple turns on the knob. All this will show up father out..

I use a similar method as kyakfisher.
I will fine tune my windage zero while validating trajectory. I do this on calm days and shoot some longer distances.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.