For Sale Set or Part-Out of an ELR rifle component set, reamers/gauges, tuner +

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by ELR Researcher, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ELR Researcher

ELR Researcher Well-Known Member

Set or Part-Out of an ELR rifle component set, reamers/gauges, tuner +

Action
    : BAT model M, RB/RP, 1.47" OCT PIC (20 MOA), no ejector, spiral fluted bolt, 338 LM BF, sliding plate extractor, polished & nitride [accepts Rem-700-type trigger, not included]; BAT polished stainless steel trigger guard (2-hole version) - $1395 as part-out, shipping and purchase-price insurance included

Barrels: (1), K&P, .338 caliber (.3300/.3380), 416R, 36" finished, 1:8.5 twist, 1.350 straight cylinder; pre-machining cryo by 300 Below - $295 as part-out, shipping and purchase-price insurance included - other barrel shown in pic already sold and shipped

Muzzle Brake - ArmaLite AR-30 - $140 as part-out, shipping and purchase-price insurance included - SOLD and SHIPPED

Tuner: Rifle Accuracy Systems/RAS, custom/modified RAS 250 (3/4-24 x 1.50" tenon for brake); custom spacer to go between the tuner and brake (includes custom pin tool for tightening the spacer) - $175 as part-out, shipping and purchase-price insurance included

Stock: Manners TF4A with custom, flat bottom, benchrest forearm (6 7/8” long x 2 7/8” wide, short/straight wall on each side) and custom buttstock work (approx 5/8” flat bottom, blended-in Pachmayr decelerator pad); flat top (1 7/8” wide at front, tapers back to about 1 ¾” in the action area), painted black; 32 7/8” overall length, 22 ½” folded; short Pic rail for buttstock mount (Mesa Tactical # 90690). NOTE: the BAT-M action is a tight fit in this stock, please consider Moon Roberts at Crescent Customs (www.crescentcustoms.com) for this work. He worked directly and closely with Tom Manners to make this stock happen – and he’s Tom’s go-to smith. - $825 as part-out, shipping and purchase-price insurance included

Tooling: Reamers - Pacific Tool & Gauge/PTG rougher, finisher, and resize in “.338 LM Imp”, removable-pilot, carbide w/ Inferno coating (rougher not shown in photo but included); PTG Go and No-Go gauges; PTG Uni-Throater (.3386, with T-handle, Quantum coated) - $745 as part-out, shipping and purchase-price insurance included

Die parts: Newlon die blanks for “.338 LM Imp” - full length sizer for neck bushing and micrometer seater; neck bushing (Redding #76366, .367 - .001, coated with Ti Nitride); plus die parts for arbor-press style seater (Wilson #CB-33VLD blank with VLD stem/drift plus #SBSC-MIC micrometer cap) - $245 as part-out, shipping and purchase-price insurance included

Expected performance data: While this is an unproven design (my vision of an improved .338 LM), I fully expect that this cartridge, loaded with 300 gr bullets, and shot from this rifle-component-set, will have a muzzle velocity of 3240-3250 without excessive pressure (some flattening of primers). If the buyer is unable to reach that velocity, using compressed or near-compressed loads of RL 33, I will refund a portion of the purchase price (based on the magnitude of the shortfall).

ALL this gear is brand new, never used, never assembled.

Why I’m selling – moving on.

Price as a “set” - $3895 (BEFORE deducts for parts sold at 80% of sale price - see above) plus actual cost to ship (USPS ground, full purchase-price insured); check or MO only, I do not do PayPal or wire transfers. Before you gripe about the price, please take the time to price all this gear and find out the associated lead times. My cost for the above was north of $5600.

Transfer of the action must be conducted through your FFL, everything else can ship direct to the buyer. The FFL needs to e-mail me a copy of his license. After I confirm the FFL is current and that the FFL’s shipping address matches the ATFOnline database, and your check or MO clears my bank, I will promptly ship and provide tracking by e-mail.

Please address purchase inquiries and all detail questions to webmaster at elr-resources.com. Some sites have limited photo-posting. Serious buyers, please e-mail for more pics - please be very specific as to what you are looking for. Thanks for considering purchase of this excellent gear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. ELR Researcher

Part out prices reduced 11/2/2018

3. ELR Researcher

BTT