serving on tac elite falling apart

bski

Around the new string stops after 12 shots....never had this happen with the orig tac 10 or 15s...anybody else see this on the ord or elite???

Around the new string stops after 12 shots....never had this happen with the orig tac 10 or 15s...anybody else see this on the ord or elite???

My Elite is in for the recall right now. I'm on my second string with less than 100 shots total. On both strings the serving was ok but the string weights moved.

Ya, same place on my elite. Shot it a few hundred times though. Also looks like the string weights are crawling toward the wheels. I'm checking to see if anyone builds a custom string like Winners Choice or First String. We also could serve the old string and leave the string weights off.

Ordered a viper x...when it comes im gonna take off this crap one....wheigh the springs...and put rubbber cat wiskers on i know they will not ruin the string like these pay for field test bows we all gotgun)

Just got mine back from recall I have about 24 shots and string and cables are falling apart. I love how it shoots but should not have to replace strings and cables every 2 dozen shots.Begining to wonder if I made a mistake buying the TAC 15.

Just got mine back from recall I have about 24 shots and string and cables are falling apart. I love how it shoots but should not have to replace strings and cables every 2 dozen shots.Begining to wonder if I made a mistake buying the TAC 15.

rogersr, could you be a little bit more specific, what is falling apart? The weights on the string? What happend with the cables?

rogersr, could you be a little bit more specific, what is falling apart? The weights on the string? What happend with the cables?
The serving on the string is unraveling at the end of the string weights. The cables serving is coming apart where they rub on the cable guards.

The serving on the cables will suffer more, if pse raise the cams, because of the pressure on it ... I hope, this won't become an other issue. The problem at the end of the weights (like at my bow), results from sharp edges on the weights, it would be so easy to fix. I don't know how much money this company will waste for their crossbows, but profit is long gone ...
I feel more and more frustrated every time i see my tac. Maybe i should put it somewhere on the wall like an expensive exhibition item.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.