Seriously! Super Sniper

Does anybody have or know someone that has a SS 10x42 HD? Needing some feedback on this particular scope.

I don't own one, but have played with one. My opinion is that they are well worth the money. Makes it hard in my mind to justify spending $600 on a different scope. After all how often do you need 3 or 4 power. The only time I use the bottom end of my scope is in dense forest.

Steve

Jon Yes i think i did see that vid. Just wanted to hear from somone that has looked through one. Steve I agree with you on the variable X. Am set on the 10X myself. Hoping the glass was considerably better than the previous models. Thanks guys. Anybody else?

The one I played with I thought the optics were good. Not great, but better than many others. Did not get to try in low light, but was reasonably clear. Definitely hunt able. I know there has been discussions about the SS in the past, but hope some of those that have used them a lot will chime in. A friend of mine had the one that I tried. He sold it because of the bulkiness, not because of functionality.

Steve

I had one for a short time till the Vortex PST was announced.
I did not think it was bulky.
I liked the size and weight of this scope.
Good internals, glass and simple design also make this scope gtg.

I have experience with all 3 SS scopes. 10X, 16X , 20X..........My opinion is they are excellent scopes no matter what the cost comparisons are. Absolute perfect tracking, and great optics. I did a side by side comparison to a nightforce scope with my 16x(NF set to 16X) at dusk and found that even with the lighted reticle in the NF, i could have taken shots with the SS for at least a half hr after i could have with the NF. People who shoot BR only might not like the thickness of the crosshairs, but mine are used on hunting rifles and i think there are the best buy in the scope market today. AJ

I have had a 10X (the latest $325 model ) on my CZ452 American .22 lr for about 1 1/2 years. The adjustments get changed a lot from 50 to 350 yards. Always tracks ok. Compared to my 25 year old Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x they show about the same detail at 300 yards.

The only problem might be that I don't always tighten the 3 screws on the thimbles enough. They need to be checked once in awhile. They go into a brass post and can leave some slight cuts in the brass. There is a lifetime guarantee so I don't worry about wearing it out.

I'd buy the 10X over again without a second thought. The 20X is the cheapest, and from what I've read, is a better bargain than the 16X even considering low light situations.

Last edited:
Ive been hearing that from a few people now. It will be on a hunting rifle and I am wanting a mildot reticle for sure. So did your inventory include the New HD SS? Ive used the 3 and 400$ models a few times but never have compared them to another tactical side by side. I did like those scopes but I did think they were lacking a little as far as clarity (quality of glass). This is why im in search of someone that has seen this new HD glass. I mite just order one to see for myself. Wonder if they would take a return if i did not mount it....

Ive been hearing that from a few people now. It will be on a hunting rifle and I am wanting a mildot reticle for sure. So did your inventory include the New HD SS? Ive used the 3 and 400$ models a few times but never have compared them to another tactical side by side. I did like those scopes but I did think they were lacking a little as far as clarity (quality of glass). This is why im in search of someone that has seen this new HD glass. I mite just order one to see for myself. Wonder if they would take a return if i did not mount it....

The heading said Super Sniper so that's what I went with. I wouldn't pay that much for an HD and would put it towards a high quality variable. myself. Most of my shooting with the SS has been out to 350 yards.

I believe they would let you return it under those conditions. There customer service wasn't the best in my case, when it came to getting a bad sunshade taken care of.

A buddy of mine ordered one and had it sent to my house. When it got here I checked it out and compared it to my 10x SS. It made me wish I didn't spend so much money on my cutlass. There is a noticeable difference between the two. I was impressed on how clear it was. I really like mil/mil scopes. The owner mounted it on his M1A and is very pleased with its performance.

Thanks for the info guys. Its been hard to buy a scope that you cant just walk into your local shop and look through. I am considering the Mark 4 but this HD model would still be a few bills less.

Just ordered a 16x for a .308. Had a 10x....good scope for the money. I think Ian M had it right in his review of bargain long range scopes. Never thought about the HD FFP for a M1A HHMMMM! 30-338

ive got the HD model sittin here, waitin for my latest rifle to get finished. ive been usin the standard 10x for years, theres 5 ofem in group of friends, and weve always been happy w them. they just plain work. bought the HD after watchin a small buck in low light w a lower priced bushnell. all i could tell was it was a small buck. w the binos i could count the points. side by side i can tell the HD is a significant improvement glass wise over the original SS. lookin into the woods it just gives a better, almost 3d view compared to the original, which i think is pretty durn nice. i feel i can peer into the woods and pick out significantly greater detail over the original, when i look through them side by side.

but, i havent even mounted my HD yet, havent shot it or drug it around. if it performs as flawlessly as the original SSs ill be buyin more HDs

HTH

lear

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.