Seriously Considering This For A Build!!

Boss Hoss

Send one of these: Exhibition English Walnut - Old Tree Gun Blanks to Accurate Innovations for the full length bedding block and you would have one of the most beautiful and stable long range rifles out there! I know the guy who cuts this Gordon Smith and he just finished brining in several semi loads of logs and it is some of the best stuff he has cut in his over 30 years of doing this. He has quite a few 1pc blanks that are not even photographed yet and other wood that is still in the rough cut stage that can be cut to custom thickness to make a bag rifle with a larger fore end. I am a wood you know what and as far as English goes this is Drop Dead Gorgeous Stuff and is a steal…

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan to me.
I am not usually a wood fan....but that is tempting. I would just scratch it up climbing a tree or crossing a fence so I am going to stick with man made, but that is some great looking wood.
I am thinking maybe I need some sheets of some nice wood to build a loading box and a box for my rest and maybe a nice portable loading table. But then again maybe I will just stick with my tuperware for that too, not even beatiful loading equipment is going to help my agg.s:mad:

BossHoss, call Jeff at Accurate Innovations. 1 (605) 341-0601. They will cut wood that the customer furnishes if it is sound and tests dry enough. I have sold five English walnut stocks for them and all were show stoppers. They also have great prices for hand cut checkering and will go up to 26 - 28 line on English. They usually cut off at 20 - 22 line on Claro. Their stocks are not as pricey as they look. They don't support all actions yet, so check with them. I'm sure they would do a custom program, but that probably would be pricey.

All but one of my personal rifles have A. I. stocks on them, and all are 1/2 moa or better except for one that doesn't have an A. I.. I'm determined to make that one shoot with a factory Wby stock. (It's a #4 channel (ex .460) opened up for a #7 Shilen in .338 x .378 Wby. You guessed it, it's an English walnut knockout.

I'll be out of pocket for a week or so, turkey hunting. I know; it's a dirty job, but!

Have fun, Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.