Serbu BFG-50A 50 BMG

@Fiftydriver : New member / FCSA learner. First of all, thanks for this informed string of postings. As another poster said, this is the most information I've ever found on the 50A and its accuracy potential.

Since most of your posts are from 2013 / 14, I'd like to ask if you still feel the same way about the Serbu today. Would I be correct in assuming that comparisons with the M107A1 would be about the same as the comparisons with the M82A1 or A3?

In your conversations with Mark, did he ever mention longer barrels for the 50A?

TIA for any comments!

The accuracy potential of the serbu and barrett are still the same as they were when the article was written. I have not talked to Mark in several years. At that time, custom barrel lengths were an option but with increased shipping times. No idea of that has changed or not.

Still own it and still shoot it. I use it more as a utility weapon system. Its set up to shoot API, APIT and AP projos more then match bullets. Just in case i need to hunt a vehicle some day....😏

have my precision bolt rifles that i build for long range precision and those are chambered in my 510 Allen Magnum, 510 Maximus and 458 Maximus instead of the standard 50 bmg.

still love my serbu, doubt i will ever sell it.

The m82 and m107 are great also as long as you understand what they are and have realistic expectations for their performance. And have the check book to buy one.....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.