Serbu BFG 50 10x eye relief/rail problems

Hail all. I'm a new .50 shooter (owner, rather) and new to the forum here and unable to find any specifics across the inter webs on this specific topic. Also I'm uncertain whether this belongs in equipment or gunsmithing. I have a Serbu BFG-50 to which I've mounted a 10x SWFA. With the relatively forward position of the Serbu rail and the limited eye relief of the SWFA I find I cannot bring my head forward enough to rid the scope of a black ring. I have the scope mounted as far back as the rings allow. Has anyone experience a similar problem? I read of a similar issue on another forum at least 10 years ago but the solution was to machine a longer scope rail.

Cantilever rings will likely be your best huckleberry.
Thank you for the response. As an fyi to anyone else attempting this, I've contacted both Serbu Firearms and SWFA on the subject. Their suggestion was the same as yours, a cantilever mount (I'm assuming a backwards cantilever mount). If I do attempt it, I'll update this with the results as I'm uncertain that type of mount will be up to the recoil stress of a .50 BMG