Sendero trigger

freebird63

Ok I hate the trigger in my 300RUM sendero, had a gunsmith adjust it, but would only take it down to 3lbs and it still sucks. So I am back to trying to decide on an aftermarket trigger.
So far I have narrowed it down to a timney or a jewell. The timney is more affordable, but the jewell comes set at 1 pound and can go lower. But have heard the jewells are very picky about the least bit of dirt in them and will not work and the timneys are more or less a tank and are bullet proof. So what choice would others pick???? jewell or timney
Chuck

Take a look at the Shilen Standard Trigger. I've used many on customer rifles and , one of my own old Remington Varmint Master (custom barreled in .22/.250 AI). Adjustable from 3 1/2 to 1 1/2 lbs. pull weight, fully adjustable for 'creep' (sear engagement) and over travel. I always keep some in the shop, a popular item in this part of the world.

I have a gun cabinet full of Jewl triggers and have not had any problams with dust or grim in mine. I had them in eastern Montana in dry dust, mud, rain, snow. I drug them threw many Quad rides on P dog hunts. I do at the end of the season tear all guns apart and clean them for storage for the season. I do have a few Timineys and they are good trigger, but I personally like feel of Jewl better
Jrigby

I've got a Rifle Basix on a Stiller Predator 7WSM set at 1lb. and love it. The trigger blade is a little wider than the Jewel. I may try a Jewel next time just to know what they are about but won't hesitate to get another Basix.

Good luck.

I would recommend the Timney #510. It has the safety built in which makes replacement very easy. It is adjustable from 1.5-4 lbs. I have two Shilens, two Timney 510's, one stock trigger adjusted to 3 lbs. and one 40X trigger. They are close to one another (pull weights vary due to different applications) but the 510's are caveman easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts