Sendero stock swivel sheared

mtn300

Just wondering how I can find another swivel stud or replace with a better stud ? I had my bipod on the gun and it just fell off after the shot. Sheared the swivel flush with where it screws into the stock. Need a small easy out to get it out. Any help would appreciated

Educ8r

I have a couple studs in black that I could mail you. I have one with machine threads and a bolt and one with wood threads.

Just wondering how I can find another swivel stud or replace with a better stud ? I had my bipod on the gun and it just fell off after the shot. Sheared the swivel flush with where it screws into the stock. Need a small easy out to get it out. Any help would appreciated

ultraedge

Defensive Edge sells a tough front stud kit. You can also make one out of a 3/8" shoulder bolt. I broke 4 different front studs on a lightweight .338 edge. My son and I made a stud from a 3/8" shoulder bolt , redrilled and tapped the stud hole to 5/16" threads,and have been using it for 2 years with no problems. Gary Campbell 478-957-5213

mtn300

The way I undestand it the hs precision stock takes an odd ball size thread and seem to break often. I will try the defensive edge option. Just drill and tap that shouldn't be to hard. Thanks for the help.

Kevin Cram

The HS Precision swivel studs have a 10-24 thread size rather than the more standard 10-32. I just had 2 shear off the other weekend on a customers rifle in 300 RUM. I use T-nuts with a 10-32 thread. I set the T-nut right to the bottom of the stock so you have full support of the studs thread. You can get the T-nuts at a local hardware store too. I buy studs in bulk from Uncle Mikes but I know you can buy them in 2 packs as well. You'll need access to a mill and a 3/4" endmill but I've never had one break yet this way. Good luck.

Recent Posts