Sendero or Bergara HMR

ka30270

What say you? I have recently run across a great deal on two lightly used rifles and I can't decide on which to buy. I know both come from good homes. They are roughly the same price but I can't afford both. I'm in NC and mostly hunt whitetail and some pigs but some bean fields can offer some long range shots.

#1 is a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor Cabela's with the 24" barrel
#2 is a Remington Sendero SFII in 7mm Rem Mag

I do have another light weight sporter in 6.5 Creed, a coupe 30-06, 338 Win, etc but no 7mm or 300 mag at the moment. This will be more of a box stand LR rig for me.

I've loaded for several senderos, haven't found one I couldn't get to shoot 1/2", the twist rate on the sendero is a little bit limiting for bullets, but they'll shoot 180 class bullets up here pretty good (3500-5000 ft) the 160-168's seem to be easier to get to shoot and are a bit more stable. The 162 eld-x , 160 accubond, and 168 berger have all shot great, usually in the 2950-3050 range with 4831sc or h-1000. Been around a couple that make me wonder why I have custom rifles. Good luck with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.