Sendero II 264 Win Mag is all over the board

jrg_80

Went to the range yesterday to put a few holes in some paper, all was good with the other rifles my daughter and i had brought out (257 in weatherby & Roberts) Put them away and pulled out my Sendero II with Nikon Monarch slinging 140gr Nosler Partitions that I had Nosler custom load up for me. 1st shot was 2.5" right and 3"low next shot, w/o and adjustment, was 3"left and 2.75" high, next was 3" left and 4" high...... all this was at 200yds. I'm kinda at a loss on where to start since I had it dialed in and it's been in the safe since last year........ and thoughts or helpu in direction woul dbe greatly appreciated.

jrg

I would start here.

1. Did it get put away dirty by accident last year. If so a thorough clean is in order.
2. Stock, rings, and bases- check for proper torque
3. Check the scope. I would measure the click adjustments on paper first to see if you can find an issue there first then check with recoil.

Scot E.

Just my guess but I think your barrel has some excessive copper build up. Experienced this with my 264 in a cdl last year. Went from shooting sub moa to all over the board.

I will run some Butches down the pipe and see if that solves the issue. I'll also double check the rings and bases but I usually put a drop of loc-tight on the ring screws, doesn't mean something didn't happen but I'll investigate. Thanks for the info

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.