sendero 300 Win Mag

bobcat trapper

well i've decided to bit the bullet and buy a sendero 2 looking pretty hard at the 300 win mag what are your opinions on it? i would like to shoot 208gr a-maxs if i can do it. The rifle would primarily used for deer maybe elk if i can ever draw a tag lol. Anyone have any expericence with loading for a sendero 300 win mag?

I have a Sendero Lam. stock (older limited run) & it is crazy accurate. It will shoot a variety of 180 gr. & heavier loads very well, but have not tried the 208.

I have had the pleasure of putting together several of the early Sendero's for local friends that want to get out there but don't want the cost of a full custom. I have done at least 3 in 300 win mag and one in 7 mag. A good brake is installed and they were bedded up tight and floated. I either did a trigger job or inatalled a timney. They all have NF bases and rings and either a NF NXS or an IOR scope. My load for the 300 WM is H-1000 and a 210 Berger VLD. Every single one of these rifles will shoot 1 moa at 1000 a good percentage of the time.

I feel they are a great choice and a 300 Win Mag is hard to beat.

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my brother and friends have several. the 300wm mags shoot great. adjust the trigger. install a vais, and a leup . start shooting. i have not shot the 208s i have shot the 210 bergers awesome

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.