Sendero 300 Win Mag Chamber Length

Jscrapmetal

Trying to see if I did this right. I trimmed a piece of brass way back and seated a bullet in and closed the bolt and took measurements of the coal. I did it 4 times and got the same measurement 3 times of 3.557. Does this sound right? I am new to this. Sorry if I am not wording this right.

That works. I've done the same thing quite a few times. I keep one for each type of bullet for each rifle, since dimensions for two of the same gun can be different. I've got 2 700 AAC-SDs, and their measurements are slightly different.

3.557 is the loaded OAL of your round ?? does it fit in the magazine?? does the round chamber easily? i do not want jam while hunting.

Your measurement is on par with todays chamberings, long throats are the norm.
Too much emphasis is placed on distance to the lands these days. IF you have a tight chambered target rifle with a normally throated or custom cut throat, then yes, it's important to know how close you can get to the lands with a round in the magazine, but seeing as though you can't get close unless you single load, I would load to within .010" of the max mag length and test 5 rounds for accuracy, if no good, work DEEPER into the case by .005" at a time testing for accuracy. I normally don't go deeper than .050"" from max mag length. I load 5 rounds each at .005" increments and shoot for groups all on the same day, usually 5 sets is enough to find an accurate seating depth with most bullets.

Cheers.
gun)

by using the hornady lock and load; i load mine . 030 off the lands if it fits in the magazine

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.