Sendero 300 RUM

hawk4974

Other than the barrel, is there any difference between the regular Sendero, the SF, and the SFII? I would assume the action, trigger, stock, etc would all be the same. I think I found a good deal on one but I don't want to get burned because it's a regular Sendero with a blued non-fluted barrel.

I believe the original sendero came out with a blued matte finish. The Stainless Fluted (SF) was just that. The (SFII) had black flutes. I'm not a 100% sure on the years each came out. I bought mine (SF) in 1999!

It is a great rifle! I wish I'd bought another back then, maybe in a different caliber! Which Sendero is the one you are looking at? There are around 1000$ give or take!

The Sendero II has black flutes, a shinier finish and big stupid palm swells. You feel like you are holding on to an apple, not a rifle stock. And they discontinued the .338 RUM in the Sendero II…***?

Seroiusly, someone needs to be fired at Remington. Why would you discontinue the best stock LR hunting caliber in the best LR hunting rig you sell? AND add big stupid palm swells???

Sorry to vent. Just ****ed at Remington. I sold my last 338 RUM Sendero a while ago and decided to buy another. Come to find out I have to buy a 300 RUM since they don't make a 338 RUM anymore. Ok I can live with that. Then I order the rifle and I have the big stupid palm swells.

Well, I had to change it. Here is a pic of the original Sendero and what has become of it. First rounds will be fired tomorrow weather depending.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 76
I believe the original sendero came out with a blued matte finish. The Stainless Fluted (SF) was just that. The (SFII) had black flutes. I'm not a 100% sure on the years each came out. I bought mine (SF) in 1999!

You are correct, but to add to this...The original Sendero and SF came in an HS Precision stock with no palmswells and only 2 swivel studs. The SFII models came in an HS Precision stock that had dual-palmswells and 3 swivel studs.

You are correct, but to add to this...The original Sendero and SF came in an HS Precision stock with no palmswells and only 2 swivel studs. The SFII models came in an HS Precision stock that had dual-palmswells and 3 swivel studs.

Yea, mine has no swell and a single stud!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.