Send It Volume 2 from Shawn Carlock

ss7mm

I have Dish and scan through a lot of hunting/shooting shows and DVR the ones that look interesting. Of all of those very few do I ever watch all the way through. I also have just about every long range video and a ton of others and I never start watching any of them with any expectations or demands. I buy them knowing that people are making them for a specific reason and in the end only certain of the people/companies ever get my repeat business. I start viewing every one hoping for entertainment and something that grabs my interest. Sadly, very few are keepers.

I have all of Shawn's videos and just received Send It Volume 2 today. Before I started watching this one I will admit that I knew what the quality and content standards would be and I wasn't disappointed.

I have shelves of hunting/shooting videos of just about all kinds and it is my opinion that this is the best series of long range hunting/shooting videos out there, bar none, and Send It Volume 2 is at the head of Shawn's list.

The content, context, descriptions and explanations are superb and I would highly recommend it to anyone and especially to those just getting started in the long range game. It shows Shawn, his dad and all of the other guys going through all of the steps with not only field practice but actual hunting situations. It shows them dealing with all of the field and environmental issues and you hear them entering the data, dialing for the shot, calling the wind and also shows that missing is human.

You'll see them stretching things way out there to distances a lot of people would never believe possible. And you'll also see how a real long range hunter talks about not taking a shot because of unfavorable conditions.

If you don't already have it, you should order it. If you don't have any of Shawn's videos then get hold of Shawn or Len here at LRH and get all of them. They are great and I'm looking forward to the next videos because they just keep getting better.:)

I 2nd that I've got his others and send it vol 2 is on the way it should be here Wednesday.

Thanks Shawn and all others involved,

Nathan

I am half way through my copy of Send It! Vol 2 and greatly enjoying it. He didn't need to do it but the production quality on this 3rd one of his series is even better!

We get about 6 or 7 hundred new members every month, many of whom don't know Shawn from Adam. Well, Shawn is the real deal around here. But since so many members are new to LRH I decided to also offer a 3 DVD set of ALL Shawn's videos. That option is flying off the shelf to lots of the new guys. Shawn thanks you all for your contribution to his kids' college fund! :)

Buy Defensive Edge Videos

YouTube - Send It-Volume 2

Last edited:
Got it on Wednesday--fun and informative to watch and worth the $.

A couple of questions for Shawn:

Can you give us some info on how the 300SMK performed on your elk at 1308 and on Travis' 1935 one-shot kills? Where'd it hit, what'd it do inside and did it exit? I think on the video you said you saw it exit on the deer. What was the launch speed on your rifle and on Trav's 'ultra edge'?

Thanks,

Jon

On the elk the SMK entered on the high shoulder penetrated the blade and sent bone / bullet into the heart lungs but did not exit the chest cavity. I was not able to retrieve any of the bullet. Muzzle velocity was 2820 fps.

On Travis's deer the muzzle velocity was 3040 fps. The bullet hit after 3 seconds of flight about 6-7 inches back from the crease penetrating the vitals did not hit any bone and exited just ahead of the hip crease about 3-4 inches on the exit side. The bullet exited with enough speed to kick up an amount of dirt that could be seen at the time of impact in the spotting scope. At the time of recovery it was dark and the bullet was of course not even looked for.

On the elk the SMK entered on the high shoulder penetrated the blade and sent bone / bullet into the heart lungs but did not exit the chest cavity. I was not able to retrieve any of the bullet. Muzzle velocity was 2820 fps.

On Travis's deer the muzzle velocity was 3040 fps. The bullet hit after 3 seconds of flight about 6-7 inches back from the crease penetrating the vitals did not hit any bone and exited just ahead of the hip crease about 3-4 inches on the exit side. The bullet exited with enough speed to kick up an amount of dirt that could be seen at the time of impact in the spotting scope. At the time of recovery it was dark and the bullet was of course not even looked for.

Thanks, Shawn. Good info. 3040...wow...how many loadings is Travis going to get on each case at that speed?

And, I'm looking forward to the new DVD's coming out about advanced long range hunting, long range reloading, SI3, and mounting long range optics (think that was it), etc.

Could you give us a little summary about these new titles, perhaps?

Thanks, Jon

Hey Shawn,

If you don't mind sharing it, what it young Walker's load in the 300 RUM you built for him? Curious to see what you guys came up with for that chambering. Thanks, Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.