Send It Vol 07 - +P throating

Shawn, is there a barrel length "norm" that you think benefits from this +P. I know in your video you say the case/powder must have enough length to burn all the powder. I believe your example was not to expect much from 16'' barrel.
As long as you are 26" or longer with most magnum rounds you will see the standard benefits, the longer you go the more benefit you see.

Correct me if I am wrong but you are basically doing mechanically what the new "unicorn/wonder" powders do by delaying/spreading out the area under the pressure curve. So even with the same or lower peak pressure, the total energy pushing on the bullet is more which equals more speed. Doing that with longer burn/slower power, etc. needs a longer barrel or you just throw flames. I expect the barrel length varies depending on the cartridge and powder. Great idea BTW.

Not sure if you can feel it or not but would bet the recoil is slower, more of a push than the sharp hit.
Some what correct, you can use "unicorn" powder in a +P to realize max velocity. This was the case with 570 and the 338 Terminator round. The bottom line is if you have a load with powder x and shoot 90 gr @ 2800 fps, then cut the +P throat in the chamber pressure will drop as well as velocity to around 2700 fps. When you add powder to get back up to operating pressure you are back to sammi spec pressure but have used 3-5 gr more powder to do it. This results in 100-150 fps velocity increase with the same powder.

We can do your existing rifle depending on what action it is in. We could also do a barrel only, say you pulled a 338 LM off you savage we can simply +P it and ship it back.
I'm confused.... I asked if you did prefits ... I have a remage on a RUM and Edge and you said
"We don't do prefit barrels, if you wanted to send your action on a schedule "
That's what I wanted to do, ship my barrel. What am I missing ?

This was years ago when my friend was hunting in new Mexico with a man burns was furnishing rifles to people to shoot on there elk hunts I was sure he told Richard that they they had a prioritized chamber that dropped pressure and increase powder for more velocity maybe something different than I am rembering. David
They were probably just doing something to Weatherby then with more freebore and a longer, flatter slope into the lands than is typical.

I'm confused.... I asked if you did prefits ... I have a remage on a RUM and Edge and you said
"We don't do prefit barrels, if you wanted to send your action on a schedule "
That's what I wanted to do, ship my barrel. What am I missing ?

Sorry I took your, do you do prefits? as do we build a prefit barrel. No problem if you want to simply send us your barrel to have the +P mod done.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.