Senator Burr

i live in NC. i'll be supporting burr. insider trading is just something that i assume every single politician is doing. i dont care what side of the aisle they're on or how many laws they have banning it. they're position is affording them all sorts of opportunities that us normal civilians dont get. this is a big deal because he has an R next to his name. our house delegates are 10-3 in favor of the GOP.

Funny how there is not mention about Feinswine doing the same thing as Burr. And they are still silent about her "driver" being a CHICOM intelligence operative.

This is one of the biggest issues with our politics today. We dont hold people accountable if they vote like we vote. Illegal is illegal and scum bags are scum bags wether they have a D or an R behind their name. Somebody in power breaks the law. We should hammer the hell out of them. If its wrong for us to do its wrong for them as well.

This is one of the biggest issues with our politics today. We dont hold people accountable if they vote like we vote. Illegal is illegal and scum bags are scum bags wether they have a D or an R behind their name. Somebody in power breaks the law. We should hammer the hell out of them. If its wrong for us to do its wrong for them as well.

Twenty years ago I saw things the same way. But Burr has been a strong supporter of our right to keep and bear arms so even if he did it I am not in favor of him being forced to resign. Just as in battle, you keep your weapon aimed at the enemy, not at your fellow Soldier.

Resign and then jail (hopefully)-- I think it is complete crap that elected officials can be invested in the market even if they are holding assets in a 'blind' trust. They have access to classified information and they are actively choosing to use that information for personal gain.

Their constituents should be appalled and I hope his jury will be as well.

Burr was selling his portfolio while downplaying to the public the risk. That's a troubling fact. Being pro 2A doesn't excuse that. There are plenty of honorable pro 2A lawmakers who would not have profited from such duplicity. We need to demand more from our elected officials than just getting it right on one or two issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.