Senate may consider AWB in September

jbs2014

The anti-gun side seems to be using their stooges in the media to sensationalize every negative incident involving a firearm and keep it in the media as long as possible. They do this to slowly erode resistance to their disarmament agenda. And unfortunately for us, it seems to be working. Supposedly Mitch McConnell is going to allow a number of anti 2nd Amendment measures to the floor when the Senate reconvenes in September.

Our side has only a narrow majority in the Senate so now is the time to contact your members of Congress. If you live in the great state of Kentucky please, on behalf of all firearms owners, let Senator McConnell know that you do not support the proposed infringements on our Second Amendment rights, especially a ban on semi-autos. If you live in Utah please contact Senator Romney's office and voice your disapproval for any gun control legislation.

Here is a link to the article where McConnell made the statements regarding the proposed infringements:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...sault-weapons-ban-front-and-center-in-senate/

Here is a disturbing highlight from the article

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) indicated an "assault weapons" ban and other gun controls would be "front and center" when the Senate reconvenes in September."

the article also went on to say:

"The Courier-Journal reports that McConnell was a guest on the Louisville, KY, Terry Meiners Show where he said, "What we can't do is fail to pass something," adding, "The urgency of this is not lost on any of us."

These are dangerous times for our Second Amendment rights. That is why it is crucial for us to do what we can to make our voices heard to our elected officials.

Doesn't matter if you live in a State represented by McConnel or Romney. A letter to whomever is your Senator is warranted. I'm in Nevada and so any letter I might write to my two will be immediately trashed once the subject is read, because both are flaming Marxocrats. Writing a letter supporting Liberty is a wasted effort if the recipient is already one who abhors the Constitution, as do both Rosen and Cortez-Masto. Chucky Bullschumer has steadfast allies in those two for as long as each might be in the Senate. I'm just happy I already have my rifles. Our laws do not allow what was legal on Monday to be made a crime on Tuesday, and have you be prosecuted for it on Wednesday. I'm no lawyer, but I think that's what's known as an ex-post facto law. The liberal batsards must be defeated. That's the only way our Individual Freedom survives...

They will exploit every angle they possibly can to disarm us. In Maryland, even with a republican governor (RINO) they rammed the safe gun act down our throats in 2013 and the red flag law in 2017. Lack of due-process will be the norm going forward. Keep a low profile and keep your nose clean.

Had a heated discussion with a neighbor lately? How 'bout that leftist in the Prius you accidentally cut off pulling out of the gas station in your truck the other day? Got 2a related decals on your truck? Take them off. Keep a low profile. In either one of these examples you could be fingered as an extreme risk and have your guns taken away. They say it's for a year but good luck ever getting them back.

Do Nothing Mitch is on very shaky ground here! Anyone who 's claim to fame is what they blocked not what he accomplished is suspect! I think he's owned by the Chinese!
And as a registered Republican in Kentucky I'm not voting for him..I'm done!

Doesn't matter if you live in a State represented by McConnel or Romney. A letter to whomever is your Senator is warranted. I'm in Nevada and so any letter I might write to my two will be immediately trashed once the subject is read, because both are flaming Marxocrats. Writing a letter supporting Liberty is a wasted effort if the recipient is already one who abhors the Constitution, as do both Rosen and Cortez-Masto. Chucky Bullschumer has steadfast allies in those two for as long as each might be in the Senate. I'm just happy I already have my rifles. Our laws do not allow what was legal on Monday to be made a crime on Tuesday, and have you be prosecuted for it on Wednesday. I'm no lawyer, but I think that's what's known as an ex-post facto law. The liberal batsards must be defeated. That's the only way our Individual Freedom survives...
Yea, they cant make your rifles you already have illegal....right? Just like they cant take a plastic add on bumpstock (not even a serialized part by the way) and turn it into a full auto rifle by definition overnight, making it a serious felony to own.

The pen is the most lethal weapon wielded when held by the opposition of freedom.

It would take a Herculean legislative effort to ban the most common rifle in the country. But in these trying times the impossible could quickly become possible.

Nothing good will come from all these crazy shooting. Loss of our freedom will be the cost of perceived security.

They did it back in the early 90s, but they grandfathered the "old ones" ...if it goes through this time I doubt well see a grandfather clause

They did it back in the early 90s, but they grandfathered the "old ones." If it goes through this time, I doubt we'll see a grandfather clause.
Got to agree with you. The Tyranny-crats thought they covered all the bases last time, but American ingenuity combined with free-market capitalism all but neutered that effort. This second time I've heard that Fat-bottom Feinswine has enumerated 215 types and models, so as to capture everything. Praise God we have a Supreme Court that's 5-4 conservative although Roberts is seemingly going liberal, as it seems most Justices do when they've been on the Court a long time. Fortunately, the law never goes liberal; it's the same for decades or even longer until a new case changes it, as it did in Dred Scott. I recommend we all buy a stripped lower or two, and look for good deals on completion kits as the months go by.

You can bet the farm that as soon as Feinswine's bill becomes law, the usual Freedom groups will be suing it to halt its application or to negate it entirely in Court. We have plenty of talk radio stations around the country to help get the word out about how one of our precisely-enumerated Liberties is under attack by the walking snakes who are supposed to defend those Freedoms. I heard Rush Limbaugh talking about it the other day. When Rush takes-up a subject, millions upon millions hear about it. Such a happening can only benefit us.

The Deception-crats cannot make illegal what you already own. Our Constitution disallows ex-post facto laws, so go buy a stripped lower. Buy two. Make the Criminal Left mess their BVDs...

Last edited:
I'm thinking PVC pipe..Silicon Sealer..Shovels...NEVER...
What good do they do buried underground?

Plenty of people said back when they banned bump stocks with no compensation that it would set a precedence...I'm afraid that their new awb will do the same thing, it will add all ar style (or worse, all semi autos) to the "machine gun list" somehow with no compensation.
The bumpstock ban has been challenged in many courts since it was passed and it still holds..including the denial to review it in supreme court. Overnight, with the stroke of a pen, we will all be felons. Trump has said in the past that he supports an awb, this may be his chance to tell the atf to find a way to make them illegal- just like he did with bump stocks.

"What good do they do buried underground?"
Well certainly a lot more than if they get handed over! I will never be disarmed!
If they know there are 1000's of rifles and a kizzlion rounds they can't find or account for..It may give them pause....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.