• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Semi Custom Mauser 98 .25-06 Remington

ducky

This was the first custom rifle I had built by High Tech Custom Rifles Inc. in Colorado Springs. I had a lot of issues getting the Smith to finish the rifle, and it kind of left me disappointed in it. I've shot this very little and there is less than 100 rounds down the barrel, most of if factory Remington Corelokt 100 grain ammunition. It seems to be very accurate, but I've never really done any load development for it.

The stock I refinished myself and definitely isn't without some flaws, I used Minwax Antique Oil stain and a satin spray on Urethane clear topcoat sealer. I also full length bedded the barrel channel with Acraglas. There is some wear showing on the extractor, if I'd known better at the time I wouldn't have had it coated.

I'm motivated to sell it, I'm asking $1200 with scope shipped in a hard case as the starting point. Feel free to make me an offer. I can get more photos if you want pictures of anything.

Photo Album with Pictures.

Build as follows:
Zastava trued action with set triggers.
Lilja SS #5 Contour 1:10 twist 26" length.
Metal Finish is KG Gunkote Satin Black.
Refinished Interarms Whitworht stock with Kick-Eez recoil pad.
Leupold "Redfield" style base and rings.
Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16X40 AO duplex reticle.

Last edited: