Selling stuff to purchase LRH rifle

Man I love my gunsmith. I just got back my Weatherby Vanguard from him, full action bedded in a Boyd's stock. He builds bench rest as well as hunting rifles. He charged me $80.00 and gave me a new container of the 1lb Devcon kits. He is a keeper. It's just a well liked side hobby for him and not his income source.
When I say custom I was referring to custom actions, triggers, DBM, custom barrel, etc. I wasn't referencing Accurizing a factory rifle with a couple of upgrades. What you are talking about I was doing myself 40 years ago. I'm glad you have someone to help you. Best wishes…..

When I say custom I was referring to custom actions, triggers, DBM, custom barrel, etc. I wasn't referencing Accurizing a factory rifle with a couple of upgrades. What you are talking about I was doing myself 40 years ago. I'm glad you have someone to help you. Best wishes…..
He built my 300 WM from chambering the 26" Kreiger barrel, Bedding the HS stock, Jewel trigger, etc. It's not perfect but holds 2" groups at 500 yards and first round steel hits at a 1000 yards. I have bedded a couple myself but I don't do as good a job as he does. I'm glad you have the funds for the good stuff and I am full aware of what custom rifles are. You are still paying a lot for a bedding job. Best wishes also.....

Thank you for your service to this great country.

Last edited:
Have a month or so to wait for Seekins to make available a Havok Element, got 5 boxes of ELDM in the closet to start and this morning had my appointment with Silencer Central to finally submit my form 4 for my Banish 30. Now to borrow down a scope selection and rings. No clue about which rings but I'm looking at the VX5 or 5i as a strong possibility for glass

Have a month or so to wait for Seekins to make available a Havok Element, got 5 boxes of ELDM in the closet to start and this morning had my appointment with Silencer Central to finally submit my form 4 for my Banish 30. Now to borrow down a scope selection and rings. No clue about which rings but I'm looking at the VX5 or 5i as a strong possibility for glass
I've got the 3-15x44 VX5 with firedot duplex on my PH2, and I think it's an excellent piece of glass. CDS dials are a breeze to use. I try to limit my shots in the 500-600 yard range, might recommend the 4-20 if you're gonna be taking pokes farther than that.

Sir, I don't have a lot of funds. Most of us pick a hobby we put money in them maybe we shouldn't. I've been bedding rifles since the mid 70's. That and a good polish job on a factory trigger was my way of making the only improvements I could afford. I now build shouldered pre-fits for myself & a few friends. The only thing that I don't do is the barrel work, chamber, tenon, muzzle.
Thats a fine shooting rifle you have. Best wishes to you & God Bless

Well now I've got my 100 rounds for break in and a scope I purchased yesterday. Leupold vx-6hd tmoa reticle. Now I'm looking at rings. Please tell me what you'd suggest. Was looking at NF and
Spuhr sp4001. NF are around $200 and the Spuhr are $400. This is a hunting rifle so what do you all think? Not settled on either of these it's just what the two recommendations from scheels.

Well now I've got my 100 rounds for break in and a scope I purchased yesterday. Leupold vx-6hd tmoa reticle. Now I'm looking at rings. Please tell me what you'd suggest. Was looking at NF and
Spuhr sp4001. NF are around $200 and the Spuhr are $400. This is a hunting rifle so what do you all think? Not settled on either of these it's just what the two recommendations from scheels.
ARC M-Brace. Great rings!

Maybe with a "quite" heavy scope, and needing the absolute utmost in accuracy…..you likely don't need rings/bases of that expense?

I never expect nor desire to shoot game beyond 600 yards…..much closer if at all possible! I use a lighter weight scope (Leupold), on a heavy recoil rifle, and am using Leupold QD base/rings. Some (many) folks do not like QD's, but I've never had issues (using them since the '90's).….and on a hunting rifle offer the opportunity to have a back-up scope already zero'd for use if needed!

My rifle is fully capable of sub 3/4" 3 shot groups @ 100…..and the occasional sub 1 1/2" 3 shot @ 300.

It's a hunting rifle, never expected to be used on game at extreme ranges!

Obviously, we all have different needs, opinions, and expectation! memtb

I've always used Warne rings in stuff. I've been using the Mountain Tech stuff lately, I really like those. Would definitely recommend and I'll keep buying them.