• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sell me your ACCURATE deer rifle

codybrown

Looking for something that will shoot an honest 1/2 MOA reliably. Either a trued 700 or a custom. Ideally will weigh around 7lbs, would like to stay under 8.5lbs scoped. Something based off a '06 case: 25-06, 6.5-06, 280, or 30-06. I have no interest in 270s's, wsm's, belted magnums, or rums. Willing to look at other calibers, but those mentioned will get priority. Setting a budget around $2k but am flexible depending on what you have. Please pm me to keep this thread clean.

I have a spare Sig Cross bolt rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. It has a Vortex Razor LHT moa on it. At this time I'm testing Hammer Absolute 123 bullets in it. With RL16 I'm at 2900fps with no pressure. I'm working on finding pressure with Varget. I'm at 2900fps at this time aswell. Headed out in 5 minutes to go up 1 grain in powder and see velocity. This rifle setup is available.

Brian

How about a mint 1894 JM Marlin 44 magnum by Turnbull ?

1/2 MOA at is absolutely necessary if you're shooting long range at deer. Not everything is inside 300 yards.

There is no deer that lives that requires a 1/2 moa rifle to kill.
No, but it does make a precise hit more predictable. Especially 500 yards and farther. But if shooting under a hundred yards-as they say-"she'll hit a milk jug at 50 yards, good enough for me," then 1/2 moa I guess is not needed

PM inbound on T3 280 Ackley
I just wanted to weigh in and let the member know that the .280 AI is my personal fav. As I've gotten older I have moved away from the larger magnum calibers and sought out something that could get the job done with less recoil. The 280AI has been unbelievable....I can shoot 140s or beef up to 175-180gr and hunt anything. The recoil is very light and thus makes my shooting more confident....and accurate.
I still own several different.30cals but the .280AI is far and away my go to rifle.