Self Filmed Double

c_bass16

Predator Hunting: SUPPRESSED

James scores his first ever double while self filming. NOT an easy task and definitely one to be proud of.
Any time you introduce a camera to a hunting situation, your level of difficulty increases. Having a dedicated camera man is hard enough...because now your trying to conceal two people AND equipment, while trying to filming an animal that can come from any direction at any speed and potentially with more than one accomplice.
By filming yourself, you eliminate one person, making it easier to stay hidden...but now you're involved with making sure you are getting good footage, you're running the calls and then you have to run the gun. All without being seen and ALL without messing up the footage.

All in all, this was an amazing job for a self filmed hunt!

If you have the means, watch it on YouTube in HD

[ame="http://youtu.be/0eycs_hFojo?hd=1"]Predator Hunting: Suppressed - Self Filmed Double - YouTube[/ame]

Excellent Job!
Very tough indeed!

I've taken alot of solo doubles in my years, a few triples and even a quad once, but never attempted filming solo. That certainly adds a whole nother level of difficulty and frustration.

I was quite impressed by the way the 2nd dog didn't even shy at the shot. Do you fellas find that to be somewhat common with the use of suppressors/cans? Ive only seen that behavior happen maybe about 3 times in my life. IME, the survivors bolt and usually like their tail is on fire! I can sometimes stop them for another shot, but not always. I've never shot a suppressed gun, they're not legal to hunt with in Wyoming. Would like to get some more knowledge and experience around them though. Just maybe some day they will be legal for varmints and predators.

Excellent Job!
Very tough indeed!

I've taken alot of solo doubles in my years, a few triples and even a quad once, but never attempted filming solo. That certainly adds a whole nother level of difficulty and frustration.

I was quite impressed by the way the 2nd dog didn't even shy at the shot. Do you fellas find that to be somewhat common with the use of suppressors/cans? Ive only seen that behavior happen maybe about 3 times in my life. IME, the survivors bolt and usually like their tail is on fire! I can sometimes stop them for another shot, but not always. I've never shot a suppressed gun, they're not legal to hunt with in Wyoming. Would like to get some more knowledge and experience around them though. Just maybe some day they will be legal for varmints and predators.

I wouldn't say that his reaction is COMMON, but I've seen it happen enough to say that it sure as heck isn't abnormal. I've got another video to put together sooner or later, where the coyote is looking right at my partner, he squeezes off the round and the vapor trail tracks right past his head so close that if we had a 200x zoom, you could probably see his hair fluff. He didn't even flinch. Gave him an opportunity to cycle the bolt, adjust and squeeze a corrected shot off.

Awesome. He did super. I totally agree with his philosophy of killing the coyote whether its a perfect shot or not. With his first shot I could tell it was cold what caliber and load was he shooting?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.