Seems to me I have a oversized chamber in new savage 110 varmint

18whlsrolin

I bought a new savage 110 varmint in 6.5 creed (similar features to new 110 Tactical). After firing factory Winchester and federal during break in the rounds were tight when inserting back in the boxes. I checked empties in chamber and they were a little tight so I decided to full length resize. I properly lubed brass as usual and they were the most difficult to size brass I've ever had. Literally 30 plus pounds of force to run through my Lee fl die that has worked fine on other creed rifles. Has anyone heard if savage has had problems like this recently? Should I buy no go gauge before contacting them? Has anyone heard of this type of issue while passing a no go gauge? I hate to think of having to deal with this for a few thousand reloads and don't like the thought of paying for a New barrel on a new rifle. It shoots factories sub moa but I don't really want to pawn it off on someone even if they don't reload. Looking forward to hearing what y'all think.

I bought a new savage 110 varmint in 6.5 creed (similar features to new 110 Tactical). After firing factory Winchester and federal during break in the rounds were tight when inserting back in the boxes. I checked empties in chamber and they were a little tight so I decided to full length resize. I properly lubed brass as usual and they were the most difficult to size brass I've ever had. Literally 30 plus pounds of force to run through my Lee fl die that has worked fine on other creed rifles. Has anyone heard if savage has had problems like this recently? Should I buy no go gauge before contacting them? Has anyone heard of this type of issue while passing a no go gauge? I hate to think of having to deal with this for a few thousand reloads and don't like the thought of paying for a New barrel on a new rifle. It shoots factories sub moa but I don't really want to pawn it off on someone even if they don't reload. Looking forward to hearing what y'all think.
I would take measurements on your fired
brass at the web, and at the shoulder body jct and it should be at least . 001" under chamber print

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.