Seekins rings still loose

Even though my picture shows the lines of the ring and the tab perfectly lined up....

Kurt B....

Nailed it! Problem fixed. It was actually TOO TIGHT. so I backed it off and Just used some duct tape and zip ties for the perfect fit.
I cant wait to shoot .5 groups

Attachments

• 20200707_091233.jpg
    20200707_091233.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 551
A picture at the rail end will show it too, it will very obviously cocked. I don't want to assume anything, but the OP should have noticed it. :)

Notice what. Looks pretty right to me...🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 20200707_091016.jpg
    20200707_091016.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 466
ABA560D3-165A-4DAD-95B1-A0E111DA1401.jpeg

could be the clamp block too thick,
Or the Recessed clamp block mating surface on the ring base not deep enough, or the dovetail feature cut too deep in the ring base, or that dang rail.

Last edited:
View attachment 202364
could be the clamp block too thick,
Or the Recessed clamp block mating surface on the ring base not deep enough, or the dovetail feature cut too deep in the ring base, or that dang rail.

I'm gonna assume its the rail. Better odds of that being the problem than having 2 separate rings both mount the same.

If one were loose. Sure

Its literally impossible. Unless KurtB already drank that 6pack...plus 20 more. Then anything is possible 😳
Dang, if you were closer I'd buy you a six pack of iced tea or something. Didn't check my Seekins in the basement before being so over confident in my reply I guess. Hope you figure it out, sorry I was wrong. Best of luck.

Dang, if you were closer I'd buy you a six pack of iced tea or something. Didn't check my Seekins in the basement before being so over confident in my reply I guess. Hope you figure it out, sorry I was wrong. Best of luck.

That Sir is class! It takes a better person to admit when they are wrong.

did you buy the MOA version, or the Mill version --you probably got the SAE rail and the metric rings 🤪

if you use the "all magical" google-- you'll find its not an isolated issue https://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/threads/christensen-ba-tactical-problems.5855/
I still say a call to the manufactures is in order, but you can always try other brands to see if you can find a good fit--looks like one guy said it was the rings, the other said it was the rail

I am of the opinion that the metal tab on the Seekins is upside down. Take out both screws, flip it around and retighten. Good luck.
I was going to suggest that as well but when you look at the rings the tab does not seem interchangeable.

To work out which one is not in MIL-STD-1913 spec just measure both the rings & the rail!