Seekins Havak

I know for a fact there are only two versions of this rifle so far. One is the standard Havak with the McMillan stock and the other is fitted into a Manners stock and comes cerakoted with a muzzle comp/brake. The tactical or flush mag hunting version hasn't been released yet.

Ok thanks Brent. I have seen on Cabelas the 2 different versions, this is the flavor I was hoping to get with the flush mounted magazine. Hopefully I can learn some patience until it's released..
D9AC0A30-0240-4630-8CC7-F6A0BF59AC7B.png

i got a email from Seekins today and the 6.5 PRC is the only caliber that is offered (today) with the Seekins 3 round carbon fiber magazine, it sounds like they needed to do this to accommodate the larger cartridge size. rifle should be delivered to my local cabelas in about 7 days

Little bit of an update on my 6.5prc, it weights 7# 5.4oz, mag will hold up to about 3.150" coal, have not measured to the lands yet, they now come with 1 stud up front and flush cups front and rear. I picked up the rifle on Tuesday, mounted a Vortex Razor LH on it, then headed to the Deer lease with a buddy. I had every intention of shooting it, but temps in the 20's and 30+ winds kind of slowed me down. Us south Texas boys don't like it much colder than about 50, lol. I ended up having to leave the ranch today due to some work issues, so I left the rifle with my buddy to shoot and break in. Knowing him, I will probably not get this rifle back once he shoots it. He'll bug me until I sell it to him. Once he shoots it or if I ever see it again, I'll post up a range report.

Shoalwater what bullet do you think you will be using? Will the 6.5 PRC drive a 147 to 3000 fps comfortably? Your weather sounds beautiful to me. Wind chills of -38C here in southern Manitoba. Been brutal!

Ok thanks Brent. I have seen on Cabelas the 2 different versions, this is the flavor I was hoping to get with the flush mounted magazine. Hopefully I can learn some patience until it's released..
View attachment 86615

The rifle pictured is the standard, it just doesn't picture the rifle with a magazine inserted.

In fact, this is a picture of the first release. The most recent versions have a DLC coated bolt and the 20MOA base does not extend past the front of the receiver.

o_O
The rifle pictured is the standard, it just doesn't picture the rifle with a magazine inserted.

In fact, this is a picture of the first release. The most recent versions have a DLC coated bolt and the 20MOA base does not extend past the front of the receiver.

Supposedly the mag shipping with the PRC is flush, so it should be similar to the one pictured (at least the style/look of it and not the protruding magazine)...I think, maybe. Guess I will find out next week o_O:rolleyes:

Shoalwater what bullet do you think you will be using? Will the 6.5 PRC drive a 147 to 3000 fps comfortably? Your weather sounds beautiful to me. Wind chills of -38C here in southern Manitoba. Been brutal!

Should be able to drive the 147 to 3000+ pretty easily with RL26. I plan to shoot the 155 Bergers if they ever come out. Also, for other asking, the carbon mag with the PRC, is pretty much a flush mount 3rd mag. I honestly don't know how humans survive in that cold of weather, don't think I could do it.

Should be able to drive the 147 to 3000+ pretty easily with RL26. I plan to shoot the 155 Bergers if they ever come out. Also, for other asking, the carbon mag with the PRC, is pretty much a flush mount 3rd mag. I honestly don't know how humans survive in that cold of weather, don't think I could do it.

Cool, thanks for the tip on the mag...I'm pretty excited for it to get here.

Ohh and the cold weather ain't bad, our high on Saturday is supposed to be -7*...just gotta dress for it. On the flip side, we ask ourselves how humans can survive when it's 100*+, when I see 90 I go into hibernation...too hot

Cool, thanks for the tip on the mag...I'm pretty excited for it to get here.

Ohh and the cold weather ain't bad, our high on Saturday is supposed to be -7*...just gotta dress for it. On the flip side, we ask ourselves how humans can survive when it's 100*+, when I see 90 I go into hibernation...too hot

Touché, we do get 50+ days of 100+ a lot of summers down here.

I agree. That heat would do me in. We only get a few days that hot. But overall our summers are also hot. Thanks for the info. I though it would drive a 147 at 3000 fps plus.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.