Seekins Havak PH2 or Alamo Precision Altitude?

KyleC

Looking at these two rifles for a long range hammer. Caliber is either going to be a 28 Nosler or .300 PRC. I know there is quite a bit of price difference. Is it worth the extra $1500 for the Alamo rifle over the Seekins? I've read nothing but excellent reviews on the Alamo. I'd love to hear your experience or opinions.

KyleC,

This probably isn't much help, but if you can swing it, I'd say go with the Alamo Altitude. In the long run I believe that you'll be much more satisfied. $1500 extra isn't a huge deal after you have had your rifle for a while. And you'll never have the potential regret. With the Alamo, you will have a better level of customization etc. I don't have the Altitude, but did just do the paperwork on my AP Ranger. I'm waiting to pick it up in a few days. I was debating a similar situation as you are now. I'm so glad that I spent a little more to get a gun setup to my liking, and what I hope will be a better, more accurate rig at the end of the day. I think you'll feel the same way as well. Mines in 300 prc. But the 28 nosler is probably going to be my next rig, a more lightweight gun.

Hope this helps some.
20201113_133509.jpg

Tom

I can't speak on the seekins as I have never shot one, I can speak to Alamo Rifles. I have 2 rifles they built and they are worth every penny I have invested in them. If you decide to go with Alamo you will not be disappointed.

What do you get for the extra money? At the end of the day the most important thing is that it shoots, the Seekins shoots as good as anything else out there. If it shoots as good as the Alamo what else are you getting for the extra money? I really think the Seekins is the best value for a custom actioned rifle you can get.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts