Seekins Detachable Box Mag For A 700

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
BOXMAG1.JPG

Here is the new detachable box mag assembly from Seekins Enterprises. It is very stout, the bottom metal CNC machined from alluminum stock and the magazines CNC formed from a thick spring tough sheet metal. The magazine assembly itself is the toughest magazine I have ever seen. The bottom metal has as close fitting beveled mag well and a cross bolt styled release. The release allows one hand operation and the mags fall free no more, thumbing the lever and prying loose or having to hook a front pin and rotate lock up, simply push the release to drop the mag and shove it straight in to seat. The pic you see is a 338 Edge with a 4 shot single stack mag They feed very nicely from the center feed mag and can run an oal of 3.890". Kudos to Glenn for getting this project off the ground and producing a well though out piece of equipment. These should be available in a few weeks.
BOXMAG2.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice looking piece , looks like the trigger bow has a bit bigger hole to help out with gloved fingers. If its built as well as his rings and cases then its built very well.

shawn , somthing that catches muy attention on that rifle is the recoil lug , it looks the the barrel is a bit thinner at the shank and the recoil lug has a taper to it , is that somthing you do or a lug that you buy? I hate the way that some lugs step down from the action to the barrel , the Holland is nice as its the same diameter as the action but theior is still a step to the barrel. that setup you have here looks nice

The Real McCoy,

Scope spirit level and ACI mounted to the scope tube.

Shawn.

Looks pretty good, Glenn said he was going to get me one as soon as he could. Do you know if he has any plans for a doublel stack center feed design to offer higher mag capacity. Also, is it wide enough to work with the Lapua based wildcats?

For big game hunting, who could complain about 4 rounds though, more then enough. Hell most of my big game long range rifles have a capacity of one if the rifle is loaded!!!

Lets try to talk Glenn into making one for the 408 based rounds next!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

408 based rounds , shoulden't be to much more than rewrighting the G codes a bit.

Heck a mag fed Lawton 8000 would make for a sweet setup.

Kirby,

The long action mag assy was designed around the Lapua initially not a problem there. I already talked to Glen about a 338 AM mag system he said no problem. I just can't figure what action to use and still make Idaho weight.

Shawn,

I have the perfect receiver for that, just have to find someone that will make the **** thing for us. It would be a 1.470" diameter and no heavier then the BAT 8.5x1.55 Model M. Lets just say a Raptor scaled up a bit. All it needs is the longer mag window and a bit larger OD for the larger thread diameter needed for the 408. The bolt head was designed for this purpose all along, at least as stout as the BAT if not moreso.

Still, good ideas on paper are one thing, trying to get production results are quite another. I am working on it however. If it happens I think we would have the ultimate receiver for what we are looking to do with these rifles and keeping weight down.

Time will tell.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.