Seeking first hand information on 30mm scope rings

Mcranch

Im interested in the Night force 30mm scope rings in comparison with the Warne Mountain tech ring. to Include the extreme duty Nightforce rings. which ever rings I choose will be attached to a 30 Nosler so Im wanting rings that will stand up to recoil up also to possible rough use. Would the extreme duty be just that, extreme with 6 screws instead of four? These are all aluminum so the weight is not that of steel rings. I have always used steel rings and not familiar with the aluminum alloys. I have read on others posts that some rings will fit the pic specs fully being slightly wider and others are narrower to fit a larger variety pic variations.
View attachment 364513

Have usd both and both work well. Still have a set of the Warne. I would add Seekins Precision to the mix also. Have used Seekins since 2005 and never an issue with hold even on magnums. I like no large nut on the side. Also if you can find a pair the Vortex Precision Matched Rings are made by Seekins for Vortex so the same quality.

I like neither. So I went with Farrell
I reviewed their site (Farrel) and the 30mm medium were at .935, high at 1.035. For a 50mm bell would the mediums allow for enough clearance to fit a scope cover/cap? That is if you were using a 50mm bell. In the past one of my rifle, I used a 56mm bell scope and ended up using an x high set of rings after trying a couple. Seems like all companies have different height dimensions for their products.

I reviewed their site (Farrel) and the 30mm medium were at .935, high at 1.035. For a 50mm bell would the mediums allow for enough clearance to fit a scope cover/cap? That is if you were using a 50mm bell. In the past one of my rifle, I used a 56mm bell scope and ended up using an x high set of

rings after trying a couple. Seems like all companies have different height dimensions for their products.
Super helpfully staff . All I did was tell them what I have and they tell me what will work.

I reviewed their site (Farrel) and the 30mm medium were at .935, high at 1.035. For a 50mm bell would the mediums allow for enough clearance to fit a scope cover/cap? That is if you were using a 50mm bell. In the past one of my rifle, I used a 56mm bell scope and ended up using an x high set of rings after trying a couple. Seems like all companies have different height dimensions for their products.

Different companies do use different heights for the generic terms like low, medium etc. that is why I always use the actual height when looking for rings and forget those generic terms.

What scope and rifle do you have?

American rifle company rings. simply simple. Get some lows and be done with it.
Tier one.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    60.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Different companies do use different heights for the generic terms like low, medium etc. that is why I always use the actual height when looking for rings and forget those generic terms.

What scope and rifle do you have?
30mm scope tube 50mm bell, rifle barrel #4 Bartlein. impact 787 long mag action.

Super helpfully staff . All I did was tell them what I have and they tell me what will work.
I'll give them a call later in the week. Seems most name brand scopes are 150 and up. When you get over 65 it all seems high. Remember when rings were 11/12 bucks a set.

30mm scope tube 50mm bell, rifle barrel #4 Bartlein. impact 787 long mag action.

With that set up something in the .9" height should work fine. .92" would be my choice. A pic below shows a 30mm tube and 50mm objective in 1" high rings with a barrel that is heavier than the one you will be using. As you can see some room to drop down .1".

IMG_3215.JPG

With that set up something in the .9" height should work fine. .92" would be my choice. A pic below shows a 30mm tube and 50mm objective in 1" high rings with a barrel that is heavier than the one you will be using. As you can see some room to drop down .1".

View attachment 364767
Nice rig you got there. I don't recognize the stock. It appears to be adjustable with a bolt notch?

Nice rig you got there. I don't recognize the stock. It appears to be adjustable with a bolt notch?

Actually don't have it anymore but keep the pic for references like this.

The stock is a Manners PRS2 and yup it has an adjustable cheek piece with a small notch for the bolt to clear.

Actually don't have it anymore but keep the pic for references like this.

The stock is a Manners PRS2 and yup it has an adjustable cheek piece with a small notch for the bolt to clear.
Appreciate your input. I spoke to Manners they were a long ways out on an order. Builders that had Manner stocks in house mostly had there's for proof cf barrels giving a gap on each side. Not much but there. Went with a McMillan game hunter.