Seeking advice long range hunting equip 7mm/optics/ammo

I think im leaning toward the sendero. I have been wanting a stainless barrel and its a little lighter i see. thanks for the input.
I currently own 3 of them, have owned a total of 5. Don't regret the purchase of any of them.

Check the classifieds, Armslist, and Gunbroker and don't be afraid to buy used.

Find one in 7mm Rem, 7mm STW, or 300wm and you will be set.

Just bed the recoil lug area and rear tang, check the float, and let'r rip.

I've been overhauling and customizing my latest version, I'll see if I can post some pictures in a day or two It's a Sendero Barreled action in a PSS stock and I did a butt load of work grinding on the stock to make it "mine".

I currently own 3 of them, have owned a total of 5. Don't regret the purchase of any of them.

Check the classifieds, Armslist, and Gunbroker and don't be afraid to buy used.

Find one in 7mm Rem, 7mm STW, or 300wm and you will be set.

Just bed the recoil lug area and rear tang, check the float, and let'r rip.

I've been overhauling and customizing my latest version, I'll see if I can post some pictures in a day or two It's a Sendero Barreled action in a PSS stock and I did a butt load of work grinding on the stock to make it "mine".

Sounds good I've just been hearing about Remington s quality has gone down so that's good to hear.I'd love to see it . Thanks

Sounds good I've just been hearing about Remington s quality has gone down so that's good to hear.I'd love to see it . Thanks
That's usually from people who buy cheap Rem rifles and expect too much out of them.

They don't understand that when you buy cheap, you should expect cheap quality. You can't go into buying a $375 rifle and expect it shoot the same as a Sendero. If it does, more power to you! But never go into it expect that, and you will never be disappointed. I think people just expect too much these days.

I have a 700 5R MilSpec, 3 Sendero SF's (2 are customs), and a 700 Varmint Custom (as far as Remingtons go)...All wear factory Remington barrel, and all shoot sub-½ MOA with handloads.

I have had good experience with the savage as starter rifle, and then when you get bored, it is fairly simple to build it up as a do it yourself project. The factory 9.5 twist will handle all but the heaviest vlds at low altitude, and you might get away with it hunting high in the Rockies. If the rifle you are looking at has the Tupperware stock, you can fill the fore-end when you do the bedding or get a good replacement from folks like Boyd's for a pretty fair price. I am not an Accutrigger fan, I run RifleBasix SAV2 triggers in my 111s.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.