Seekin Precision Havoc in 6.5

Niceshot

I'm looking at buying my son a 6.5 for hunting and getting into some long range shooting. I have been told that for a stock gun this a VERY nice rifle. Anyone have one and have any impute on this gun?

Thanks
Mike

I'll be picking mine up this week. You are right, the build sheet has a lot of premium parts for the price and I've heard nothing but good things with Hornady factory 140, 143, and 147s. Cabelas has the Havak coming up on black Friday for $1899.

I'm looking at buying my son a 6.5 for hunting and getting into some long range shooting. I have been told that for a stock gun this a VERY nice rifle. Anyone have one and have any impute on this gun?

Thanks
Mike

Update: I picked up my Havak 6.5 Creedmoor yesterday, took it home and cleaned it up, adjusted a little weight off the Timney trigger, and mounted a VX-5HD 3-15x44. After an initial one round sight in at 25 yards I proceeded to print two different 4 shot groups measuring ~.3 MOA at 100 yards with Hornady 143 ELD-X Precision Hunter factory ammunition. Next, I fired 5 shots across the Magneto Speed to collect velocity data. The average velocity of the 143s at 15*F was 2670 fps with a 14 fps ES out of the 24" barrel. I fully expect it to speed up to advertised velocity after a few more rounds through the barrel and as the weather warms up.

For all you guys sitting on the fence or waiting for reviews on the Havak, consider this review "extremely positive". It is definitely worth it's price tag.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.