Seek wisdom from those wiser on brass failure

You did it fine. You don't need to have gauges. I have gauges because I spin barrels on and off when I change calibers.
Go gauge is the Saami minimum, bolt should close on it.
No go is not the Saami max though. The max is longer than no go. But if your bolt closes on a no go it would be an indicator to have it looked over.

The value of zeroing your caliper out on a go gauge is it gives you a hard known value. In win 308, that's 1.630. So if my brass grows .003 , I know it's 1.633. It's a hard actual value.

Quiet Texan conveyed what I was trying to get to. Thanks Tex!
I just dont get what value there is in doing this. If I zero my caliper with the hornady comparator in it. Then measure my fired brass. Its a hard number. I size my brass .002 shorter. It doesnt matter if the comparator is on the true datum line like the go gauge.

The other thing is the Hornady tool is multi caliber. Not caliber specific. So it does not measure to the true datum line on any cartridge. So you are not getting a true saami number. Again it doesnt matter. All that matters is your sized brass is 002 shorter or whatever your shooting for. I can zero my caliper on the tool. Or not. Its just a number. What matters is that I size .002 shorter.

Shell holders may be ground down so heights are correct for a particular chamber, then kept in die box. Redding makes a set of variable height shell holders. That "go gauge" might also be kept in the die box.

The simple fact of the matter is that you have caused the issue by FL sizing the shoulder too much.
I would screw the die OUT and start again.
Without a comparator, the easiest method is to size a case gradually until it just chambers with a very slight resistance as the bolt handle snugs home.
If I could suggest the best tool for measuring your brass is the RCBS Precision Mic, it's not cheap, but it is extremely accurate, which is why I like them.

Cheers.
This ^^^^

You're pushing the shoulder back too far during resizing.

A headspace comparator like Sinclair or Hornady makes will work too, but the RCBS Precision Mic has additional functions over just a headspace comparator and is a good piece of kit.

John