Seek Vs Luxe tipi

These tents have there limitations just like everything else in this world. Ventilations and setting the tent on an already dry area is key. I was just in the Frank and had to clear 8" of snow for the tent. Fortunately the sun was shining and the area was able to dry before getting the tent setup. Once the tent was set up, I got the stove going and kept it going for a few hours. Moisture from mother earth is what causes us to get frustrated with our shelters. Put a tarp under the entire tent and a lot of those frustrations can and will be reduced significantly!

These tents have there limitations just like everything else in this world. Ventilations and setting the tent on an already dry area is key. I was just in the Frank and had to clear 8" of snow for the tent. Fortunately the sun was shining and the area was able to dry before getting the tent setup. Once the tent was set up, I got the stove going and kept it going for a few hours. Moisture from mother earth is what causes us to get frustrated with our shelters. Put a tarp under the entire tent and a lot of those frustrations can and will be reduced significantly!
I pack some Tyvek for partial floor when spike camping and even lay a big rug if base camping by the truck. man is it nice to walk on barefoot after a long day!
James

Used both. Literally can tell no difference in performance. If I'm not mistaken they are made from the exact same 40d syl-nylon material. Ones sewn in China and ones sewn in colorado. Each have subtle design differences that can be a plus or minus depending on the user. I've heard the Luxe customer service isnt great. But should you have any issues you can basically buy a second tipi for the cost of one SO and be back on the trail. Again, performance is a moot point. If you want to save money get a luxe. It will perform as good as SO at half the cost. If you have the cash and want to support an American company go SO. I doubt you'll tell the difference at 10k feet the night before opener.

Recent Posts