Seek seam sealing

Slammer14

Looking at getting a seek Cimarron. I see they offer them seam sealed or without. What is the benefit of sealing it myself or best have them do it?

I had them do it because time is money and I wanted to be able to grab it and go instead of setting it up in ideal weather and messing around with it. I have done my tents in the past. It's not hard.

Definitely recommend paying them to do it. I did one, and I had them do one. It's worth the $50 to not have to mess with it IMO.

Agree with above. Any future Seek orders(there will be more!) I'll have them do it. My seal job looks like crap and was time spent I coulda done other things more interesting

If I get another small one I will do it myself but the 8man was time consuming. Good news is, you only do it once. I tested mine with a water sprinkler and it was good to go. Ive since rode out some rough storms with no leaks. If you can afford the extra wait and cost id have them do a 8man or bigger!
James

I did mine myself. I didn't take as much time as I should have because I had a hunt coming up quickly and had a very small section of time to get it done. If I had a solid 3 hours to dedicate to it I could have done it really well by taping off the seams then sealing them, and pulling the tape off prior to the sealer drying. However, I just painted it on and hoped for the best. It is functional, but doesn't look the best, that doesn't really bother me though.

If you decide to do it yourself, order extra seam sealer. It said 1 tube would do it, I bought 2 extra tubes, and that was just about right to get it done and have a little extra in case I missed some. Mine is the Little Bug Out base/tarp/vestibule.