See how you do on this test ???

Ok, I get a more accurate number when I use 1 mil = 3.6 moa instead of 3.5

3.6 = Actual...

100%…but I have been teaching this stuff to Soldiers for several years, and I know the guy that wrote it.😂 Until recently we had 3 written exams with questions of this sort, 2 x 50 questions and a final with 100 questions.
Some of you asking about the MOA/MIL mixture. The "why" is because the Army has ignorance imbedded. The good news is that we are receiving all MIL/MIL scopes.

There's several ways to do it but here's how I did it. One mil is one yard at 1000 yards or 36" and 39.5" is approximately 1.1 MIL. Divided by the 1.35 MIL= 814 yards divided by 1.09 yards in a meter gives you the meters. There's more precise math that I've long forgotten.
They issued me a nifty all weather slide rule for range estimation. Start with slide on known/estimated target size, move next slide to how many MiLs the target was, look at bottom number and dial/adjust hold. I do like your method though!

20 years later, the only target estimated size I remember is 19 inches.

They issued me a nifty all weather slide rule for range estimation. Start with slide on known/estimated target size, move next slide to how many MiLs the target was, look at bottom number and dial/adjust hold. I do like your method though!
Was this a mildot master?

I sucked at the test. I much prefer moa adjustments. When all those sniper operators come to a match they never know what their come up are. We all try and tell them in moa how much they need and they look like at us like we are speaking another language. They didn't think that the Creedmore could have a miss. 😂😂😂
Jason

12/20
im a MOA man myself as my range finder and all dope sheets run in yrds
moa is just easier to figure in my head ,than the mil metric game is . 3.6 =1moa. They use a 3.5 in the field to simplfy it some , but its still more metal than it needs to be !
simple is better when under pressure .
the great ole usa government uses the metric system for defense of this country ! Ironic at best