Sectioned Barnes Match Burner

I tested some 6mm 112 grain match burners against some Berger's in long bundle of soaking wet newspaper at 100 yards and they were very fragile. Look like they be a better varmint bullet than hunting bullet !
6C66DEF7-D918-4241-808B-AC6644AC3A25.jpeg

I tested some 6mm 112 grain match burners against some Berger's in long bundle of soaking wet newspaper at 100 yards and they were very fragile. Look like they be a better varmint bullet than hunting bullet ! View attachment 336141
I wouldn't exactly call wet newspapers comparable media to an animal, and thus I wouldn't make that some conclusion. It's at least cool seeing how they react and come apart.

I have gotten similar results shooting bullets in gel as I have the wet newspaper. If bullet don't hold up in wet news paper, or fragments real bad, then I dont thrust it for hunting. I found this out with the eldm's. They come apart bad in wet news paper and got same results on animals.

I have gotten similar results shooting bullets in gel as I have the wet newspaper. If bullet don't hold up in wet news paper, or fragments real bad, then I dont thrust it for hunting. I found this out with the eldm's. They come apart bad in wet news paper and got same results on animals.
What kind of sectional density are you running with the results you had? What kind of gel were you using, 10% or 20%? These things make a difference.

Recent Posts