Second Session today

ENCORE

Shot the second session this afternoon and it makes me wonder. The first shot from a clean cold bore went directly into the center of the target. I thought, "Wow! This might be a good day!" Then I started thinking.....
yikes.gif
Old work thoughts started up and I started thinking about that thumbhole and its location. Having been an ergonomist (Human Factors Engineering) and knowing I'm very close to the 50th percentile male, I thought about how I might have had McMillan move the thumbhole .250" closer to the trigger. That "thinking" may have caused me some problems
lol.gif

Admittedly I'm so used to Bad Medicine and its trigger, this is going to take a few sessions.

Best group, 3/4" center to center (center target). I did have two (2) containers of Bh209, 100grs WEIGHT that I fired. I identified the holes in the target, then switched back to T7.

DON'T ask about the third target...........

I believe the Whitetail Medicine bullet is a SST. Never been happy with them for this reason:

Looking good it's always fun to get out and shoot. I love the SST lots of people don't like them but I've never had a time where they didn't put meat on the table. They have fragged on me but have always dumped the whitetail. The SST is a deer stopper!

Time to stretch her out!

Ever have one of those, Ah Ha moments?

I shoot off a Caldwell FCX, but no weight. I hadn't noticed exactly where the front of that rifle was resting on the rest itself. Then while cleaning, I finally realized that the rest was lengthened, with just the end of the rifle's forearm on the rest. Dah. I adjusted that rest when shooting some Hawkens and never shortened it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it......

I can't stretch it out yet, still to much snow in the field. I tried getting through it with the quad today before shooting. Wasn't going to happen today but we did loose a lot more snow. Soon..........

Just when I thought things were going to dry up, it snowed another 3", then another 1/2" last night. So tired of this weather...........

Well I can't get on the longer range so, I've got a box full of 275gr BE's and another box of 300gr BE's coming. Another 100 "Whitetail Medicine" bullets and brass coming also. A trip across state today and I ended up bringing home an arm load of BH209. I believe the wife thinks I've lost my mind :D

I'm still trying to decide what bullet to get 275 mh, 300 mh, or the 327 mh. I want to stretch my gun as far as I can and I'm staying to see the the heavier the bullet the better it will fight the wind.

Last weekend on Saturday we had 80 weather them Sunday it snowed 2" yes I'm tired of the winter stuff.

This stuff is very addicting and very expensive. Good luck with your set up I can wait to see your long range reports!

I'm still trying to decide what bullet to get 275 mh, 300 mh, or the 327 mh. I want to stretch my gun as far as I can and I'm staying to see the the heavier the bullet the better it will fight the wind.
Last weekend on Saturday we had 80 weather them Sunday it snowed 2" yes I'm tired of the winter stuff.
This stuff is very addicting and very expensive. Good luck with your set up I can wait to see your long range reports!

I had quite a long conversation with Bob Parker a few days back. What a great and knowledgeable guy. I also found out that Bob has three Ultimate muzzleloaders. Bob explained to me, that with the Ultimate, the MH was only a target bullet, NOT a hunting bullet. Although his Ultimate shoots the MH extremely well, the Ultimate doesn't give the velocity needed to expand the MH properly on game. Bob told me he can hold a 2" 400yd group with his Ultimate, shooting 160grs VOLUME of BH209 and MH's. That's **** good shoot'n from a "smoke belcher"! So if its target shooting, the MH would be the best bullet of his to shoot.

I prefer to shoot the bullet I intend to hunt with and perfect it and myself. I ordered 100 BE's, 50 of them 275gr and 50, 300gr. Bob uses the MMP short black, so 100 of them also, along with a spin jag designed for the BE. Take note: The MH requires a special loading jag for that pointed bullet. I also have 100 of Ultimate's "Whitetail Medicine" bullets on the way. I'm hoping like heck, the bullets come today in the mail, as this afternoon would be a great day to head to the gun club range. The next few days are all rain......

Addicting and expensive? No kidding :) Not just with the necessities but, with all the "extras". The wife is keeping an eagle eye on me lately. One of the extras that I'll be getting sooner or later, will be this Infrared Digital Thermometer gun with laser pointer Measuring Tool:bearingtools for summer shooting. It will be interesting to read the barrel temps in relation to maintaining accuracy. Which reminds me, I need to create a spreadsheet to maintain data............ So much to do, so little time :D

That's good info and one debated on calling Bob myself. His sight says that the mh were designed to shoot @ 2700-3000 which I'll be around 2700 so I was figuring to go with the 275 but after some range time I'm leaving towards the 327. There are allot of guys using the mh on deer out of their smokeless muzzleloaders with devastating results. I might just give him a call. This stuff is crazy addicting! What's really hard for me is in only 35 what's going to happen when I'm 70?

That's good info and one debated on calling Bob myself. His sight says that the mh were designed to shoot @ 2700-3000 which I'll be around 2700 so I was figuring to go with the 275 but after some range time I'm leaving towards the 327. There are allot of guys using the mh on deer out of their smokeless muzzleloaders with devastating results. I might just give him a call. This stuff is crazy addicting! What's really hard for me is in only 35 what's going to happen when I'm 70?

Well in 7 more years, I'll be able to tell ya......... gun)

But, it doesn't stop I can tell you that. I've been shoot'n the muzz since "73" and still don't get enough of it. I'd be shoot'n right now if I had the bullets. Sure thought they'd be here today :( Our next good weather may be Tuesday or Wednesday if the wind stays down.

The data that Ken provides, states that the 300gr bullet with 3-T7M pellets gets 2,350fps. I can match that with 105grs WEIGHT of BH. Bob's one heck of a nice guy. You'll enjoy a conversation with him if you call....

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.